Sunsetting Clans

Glad to see clans gone. In my opinion, they weren’t very useful and took up space. Not many groups used them anymore.

1 Like

Dislike this change, if I’m being honest. As a group leader, and member of other groups, you’ve just removed the ability to make users stand out. Many war clans used this feature to “elevate” their “Higher” or “Senior” members and put them above others. While it has no uses, and I understand the reason for removing it, something that could replace it should be implemented. (Or not, as all these recent updates seem to be making it harder and harder for the once popular “war clans” to stay alive.)
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

My nostalgic self of 2008-09 is crying. We didn’t have a feature like this, but we had lots of clans. It was fun. But it makes sense that the feature is being phased out.

4 Likes

I am really not surprised, it had to be removed. But, I suggest adding HR tab. (Basically same as Clan, but it will be easier for LR’s to indicate HR’s).

Another great move by ROBLOX. I see lots of improvements since 2018! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Glad to see this update! I was actually really psyched when everything came out! I never used clans in my groups, and in groups I were in we’re always hard decisions because it only let you be apart of 1 clan. Again, glad to see Roblox moving forward! :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

Well, I need to say that I love this change of group layout.

It is clear, but I would change the position of one thing, group description (look at attached picture):

It should go into the group information frame under the Members count.

When will the Clans feature be removed?
Within the next couple of days. We will update this post when the feature is removed.
EDIT: The Clans feature is now removed.

Nothing is perfect, there is a disadvantage.
A useful option (I mean, clans) have been removed.

“Removing Clans will enable us to focus on improving the core experience of Roblox Groups and adding new features.”

[if it caused problems with improving ROBLOX Groups Core, then I really want to see what You are going to do in this case]

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Low effort posts

You could consider a replacement tab. Instead of “Clan” you could do “Developers” or “Administration” (or both). Would be a bit more useful than the clan tab but it’s definitely not necessary.

3 Likes

I actually used it to invite my high ranks, shame to see it go
Hey, at least I’m getting my money back

4 Likes

I’m gonna miss clans, I never really used them for leaderboards, but they made my group look cool.

1 Like

Never used clans so i feel like this was a step in the right direction.

1 Like

I’ve bought around two clans in my life-time, when will I receive my refund?

1 Like

They said it won’t be automated. If you purchased the clans through group funds I believe they will be returned back to the group, but if you bought them it will go to you.

5 Likes

I still haven’t gotten a refund :confused:

3 Likes

I feel this was necessary.

But i do think a point system should be added in the future, as long with Tags for groups, like War Tags for groups that like Raids, or Restaurant ones, it would make them easier to find and make those groups more of a community thing to share because since always the way to find groups has been finding their places, forts, or restaurants, or going to Group Recruiting Plaza, so a more website based way to find this groups and a competitive global leaderboard would be really useful.

2 Likes

It’s pretty sad to see the clan feature go because I enjoyed getting my clan on the weekly leader boards for game but I do think a point system would be a lovely addition.

2 Likes

All users who purchased Clans will receive a refund. If the Clan was purchased with group funds, the refund will be deposited into group funds. Please allow some time for this to happen.

@Kensizo @VVarioVVare Please read before responding to announcements. Read “some time” as in the order of some days/weeks.

6 Likes

Yeah, I see what you mean. While we had the clan feature, I used it the same way. I guess even though it had no use back then, it was something we could make use of.

2 Likes

Still no refund, any ETA on it?

7 Likes