Sunsetting Clans

Yeah, makes sense for these to go - they were basically just expensive, more limited ranks. Thanks for the heads up - and the refund!

5 Likes

Good - they didnā€™t have too big of a purpose outside of some groups that still used the player point system.

Guessing weā€™re also soon getting more group updates within the year, given a lot of focus towards groups.

2 Likes

This shouldnā€™t be much of a change for group owners, they of course can make a separate rank for chosen individuals or go as far as to make a little subgroup to replicate the original clan feature. - On the bright side this option is much less costly to group owners. Nice work Roblox :grinning:

3 Likes

Yup! I believe ROBLOX just released their new group page thatā€™s been in beta. That or it is limited testing

1 Like

Clans? What clans?

On a serious note, ever since leaderboards and player points were removed, clans was just a useless feature that bloated the group page. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what Roblox has to bring for groups in the future :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Probably for the best. I personally thought some of the aspects were good conceptually. Especially since it allowed groups to almost advertise through their clan player points. Perhaps a way to get a playerā€™s primary group or a nonspecific group (Currently, correct me if Iā€™m wrong, we only have methods to check if a player is in a specific group)? That way a player can almost sponser a group in a way using a games own leaderboards and such? I think itā€™d be interesting to see.

2 Likes

They definitely could have been useful, but something else could be more useful.

An example is that having a role system similar to Discordā€™s would be far more flexible. One of these roles itself could be the ā€œClanā€, or whatever else you want to call it. The clans system was very limiting and needed to go, even if something similar but more flexible comes in to replace it.

6 Likes

This was probably for the best. The feature is now useless because of the removal of player points, and all it did after that was just highlight people who could be important.

3 Likes

Where should we look for the refunds?
Iā€™m checking in the money tab of my account and in group revenue for my group and I canā€™t locate the refund payment.

2 Likes

Honestly forgot about them myself like a few other people.

Iā€™m glad to hear a change in weeding out a mostly unused feature in favor of future development. Hearing changes to groups, even like this, means that more group features and changes are on the horizon. Always sad to see a feature go, but understandable that progress sometimes requires losing things.

2 Likes

Since clans have been removed now (about time), Iā€™ve noticed the group layout has been altered to fit the modern, minimalist theme of ROBLOX. Does anyone else feel as if group forums are a possibility as of now? It would make sense to remove clans as to create room for them, but just a thought.

4 Likes

The refunds are coming, but they arenā€™t in yet.

3 Likes

Pretty nice. I would miss it but I never really had a function for it.

2 Likes

Yay clans are gone, I will not miss them because it was a utterly useless feature taking up space :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was a good feature whilst it lasted

1 Like

Removing this feature will not have a huge impact. This feature was big when many groups were focused on games like sword fighting and when Roblox had the KOā€™s stats.

5 Likes

Okay, this is fair enough. To be honest, if there is no game leaderboard to display playerpoints, there is no need for a group clan. It is fair enough to refund the payment.

2 Likes

Good, i think the clans were very useless, but i hope that new features could improve groups, and make things better.

2 Likes

Canā€™t say Iā€™ve seen a use for clans since the Clan Battle event of 2014. Same with player points and leaderboards. Fun times, but such features werenā€™t expanded upon or used often, so they were pretty much pointless after those kinds of competitive events stopped being a thing.

4 Likes

Rarely used clans and didnā€™t understand what they where for, kinda glad to see em gone.

1 Like