Sunsetting the My Feed Tab

Its unfortunate of My feed web and mobile are keep for users finally did website their moved to notification opinion its used few years ago it just matter about else assuming improvement so basically doesn’t get removed will still keep specific date to change about group shout notification too is different that looks interesting, so possible like Twitter/Discord/ and Guilded about can be social community if remove my feed? so it’s same thing opinion that feed its for many people to be friend list in display on that person liked it changed to be moved page but however it still looked being removed it

1 Like

Yeah, seems like a good removal. Mine is blank anyway.

1 Like

The feed place a nostalgia trip for me, I used to look at old nostalgic feeds from my old friends which brought back memories from 2017 and 2016, and I looked at my old feed from 2017, which was pretty embarrassing, but gave me some sense of nostalgia.

2 Likes

Wait a min, are you bringing back the status? But in a different way?

4 Likes

NOOO, although it might be weird. I use this tab, I like looking at shouts from groups to stay updated, instead of destroying this feature. Keep it up and working, along with statuses.

4 Likes

Because the thing is that Roblox wants to move on with the my feed page. My feed was already on the home page long time ago before the website revamp. A few people actually used the my feed page after the change and it decreased with the display name update. It seems that Roblox wants to experiment more ways to allow players to share and receive their status from groups and friends like the post says at the top. It would be waste of time for Roblox to keep doing the same way as before in case, moving over to the notification stream because it would be like having the my feed on the home page. It also won’t solve the decrase of it. Plus new players don’t even realise that the tab is there.

1 Like

Nobody is arguing Roblox should keep the “My Feed” page. But engineers have now completely removed the last method for group administrators to keep in touch with their communities and make announcements. Group shouts should have been moved to the notification stream before the removal of the “My Feed” page.

Moving group shouts to the notification stream would put important messages from administrators front and center for users which is what group shouts were originally intended to do. Notification streams are a well-proven method for showing important information to users hence why most major websites have them or similar systems.

3 Likes

Honestly I don’t even know what the My Feed Tab is. I know I never use it.

1 Like

Hey everyone, I want to apologize for the confusion around this line “Updates from Friends will be viewable by visiting their profiles.” I’m updating this to say “Activity from Friends will be viewable by visiting their profiles.”

9 Likes

I mean, statuses are still in the API soooo lmao. They have a Deprecated warning on them though.

The API with the status endpoints:
https://users.roblox.com/docs

1 Like

Never used it anyway

1 Like

Not thrilled to see this change.

Even in it’s current crippled form, the My Feed tab was still useful for checking up on group shouts without having to individually check dozens of groups. It was also useful for seeing any you might have missed.

At the very least, will group shouts be added to the notification tab? That would definitely make me feel better about losing My Feed.

I don’t have very much faith in this.

You said something similar when the Roblox Forums closed:

This coming year, we’ll be investigating options to re-build forums that better serve you, our community, and our goals in providing a safe and constructive environment. As of today, the Forums will be read-only. Please save any content that you might want to keep as these public forums will be closed on Monday, December 11, 2017.

What happened to that?

9 Likes

Thank god they’re finally removing the My Feed page. It used to have a use way back in the day, but recently, people started to stop using it and so roblox later noticed it and made my feed completely useless now. They should’ve removed the textbox AND the page instead of just the text box, few months later, then remove the page. That’s my take on this.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter if it is there or if it isn’t, half the player base and developers don’t even know it exists :rofl:

Idk why it even exists in the first place when we got better communication methods like Discord and Guilded, where you don’t have the chat filter tagging every harmless word you try to say.

3 Likes

So does this mean that I will have to go through EACH group to find updates!?

2 Likes

Yes.

Because efficiency is dead.

Hope you don’t miss any shouts.

3 Likes

Disappointing. Wouldn’t have been an issue if the feed wasn’t moved from the home page to some random sidebar tab.

2 Likes

The link to My Feed has disappeared from the sidebar, but you can still access it

Welp, the Home tab is broken, possibly due to My Feed being part of the homepage

could reproduce this bug too, wierd

1 Like

Yeah and to prevent spam in your notification box they can make it so that you can do a group shout once a week or something like that