Sunsetting the My Feed Tab

The feed tab was ‘useless’ as soon as it was moved to a separate page. It would’ve been looked at more if it were on the homepage, and it definitely wouldn’t have been looked at as useless if that were the case.

I’m disappointed overall that it’s being removed.

7 Likes

you should of just kept the feed on the home page but NO you messed it all up

6 Likes

In other words, a better version of the “My Feed” will drop eventually?

If so, swag!

2 Likes

I agree that the feed should be removed, don’t get me wrong. However, Roblox seems to have a tendency of removing features before a viable alternative is put in place. This can be solved by moving group shots into notifications, along with everything else you’d normally see in your feed.

Removing features that have no alternative makes no sense.

12 Likes

It’s about time, a W in my book!

My Feed has been quite useless ever since, but that was after it was part of a separate page rather than being in the home page. However, looking at the responses, I feel like what people said, there has yet to be an alternative and that they need to be notified of group shouts through Notifications too as it is only used when you follow an experience/game or see any friend requests. Also, I don’t see any updates from a user’s profile since that is also removed from what I can see.

Hopefully there will be something good out of it after the My Feed page is completely removed.

1 Like

Just a question, why?

You pointlessly removed Statuses on profiles. That was a really stupid choice to me

My only hope is this means it’s coming back for legacy reasons, or what?
Roblox seems to be taking away communication, ever since 2017 with the rmeoval of the Forums, and now the Status. The only thing left is the Devforum, but it’s filled with people I call LinkedInners (they act overprofessional and get mad if you make jokes or have any fun), and the chat is unusable with the heavy filter( you cant even say Discord on a 13+ account, in 2022!!)

Again, hopefully statuses are readded, they were removed for no seeming reason, and now also with no explanation the feed is being removed.

12 Likes

This is a good idea since almost nobody uses the My Feed page anymore.

1 Like

Ever since it was removed from the home page it became useless to me but I don’t see how this simplifies anything

also what is this supposed to mean? you guys got rid of statuses anyway so I don’t see what you’re refering to

2 Likes

I missed the My Feed tab. It was so useful, especially for Christmas. When Roblox profile statuses were removed, I was so sad, until I stumbled upon this video The BEST FREE Roblox Extension!? RoPro Review! - YouTube. I used RoPro for a while, because it brought back statuses, but on November, Roblox removed the ability to edit and view your statuses, and stopped users from posting into My Feed, (essentially killing of my Christmas countdown). The removal of statuses was also pointed as being the Worst of Roblox I wish profile statuses and My Feed should exist

2 Likes

I did use it at one point to update my profile status

3 Likes

While it was a neat way to organise shouts from all the groups you were a member of, it would eventually get cluttered as you joined many active groups. I had very few posts on mine, but this is another classic case of almost nobody using a feature but still being sad when Roblox removes it.
However, I’m really looking forward to the future ways to communicate on Roblox, the screenshot feature showed off in Hack Week 2019 looks like it could be incredible if added.

1 Like

Once again Roblox has spectacularly managed to remove more power from the developer without providing an adequate alternative to roll with as soon as possible or prior to its removal. Wonder how many years it’ll take before group “shouts” become actual shouts or we have more control over how we can deliver news and messages to our group members without relying on outside platforms.

The page is out of the way and I do back its removal, but it seems like you fellas didn’t even try and touch the page, gain user feedback or work with it or some alternatives before deciding to take it to the cutting board. Exactly what happened with genre sorting on the Discovery page.

What a sickening cycle of updates honestly.

11 Likes

Agreement.

They scoffed my feed to the side, which was just dumb.

Also, why remove the Status? Like- they weren’t problematic.

5 Likes

My page hasn’t even updated since 2020, and we still have no alternative to view Group Shouts in all the groups we’re in. Love to see it, thank you Roblox for pushing my players to our Discord again.

5 Likes

I’ve been meaning to reply to this for about an hour, so I finally did.

Why was it even moved in the first place? It was so much more convenient when it was on the home page, but now it’s on some tab which will obviously decrease usage because it’s in the sidebar instead of the home page, which is most likely the first thing you see when going onto Roblox.

It seems like communication methods have been getting removed or moved ever since the removal of the Forums in 2017. I feel like the Forums could exist today, but would need a lot of moderation. There was also a message that went along like this:

What happened to these plans? Were they forgotten about? I hope they were forgotten about. We need something like a forum to connect with other players better, in my opinion. I even met some friends on the Forums, too.

I can understand why the Forums were removed, but the only real communication methods we now have for meeting new players is either joining games or being invited to random group chats.

Yes, I know we have the DevForum. However, this is solely for development and not like the public forums back in 2016/2017, which were discussions about games, rating avatars, etc. This is a professional environment, as so such conversations are not allowed here.

12 Likes

Should’ve put it on the home page, and be able to toggle it in my opinion.

I don’t even think 90% of the roblox users even knew it existed, let alone used it. I’m fine with this update as I personally never used it(since 2017 on my other account).

1 Like

“I hate this change! I used the feed tab practically every time I logged in!” - nobody

3 Likes

Oh. Another Roblox feature is finally being removed after years of dumbing down and neglect until nothing is left. A brief history:

When the friends and followers update came about in October 2014, it was said that following users would display their statuses on the feed:

However, this functionality never worked, and followers became more of a profile cosmetic than a system for letting others keep track of your activity, which meant that the feed was only 2/3 useful.

Then in 2018, the feed was moved from its comfy spot on the home page to a separate tab that does not even show a number next to the designated sidebar button to represent new entries, like friends, messages, and trades do. You have to go out of your way to access updates from the section that is supposed to keep YOU updated.

And now, after being partially broken for over a year, the feed will be removed with no immediate alternative available, and no timeline for when one will be available. Trust me, I’ve wanted the feed to be gone for a long time. But I’ve also really wanted group shouts / friend statuses to be moved to the notifications system, just like game updates. May we get something like that first before the feed is taken away?

This is not a real alternative. The group shout is shown at the bottom of the group description, so it is essentially an extension of it rather than something that would draw members back to the group page in the first place. I can’t imagine being in like 100 fairly active groups and having to visit each one-by-one just to see what’s new.

Wait really? Profile statuses were also broken and subsequently removed months ago. Does this imply that statuses will be restored in some form soon?

Please invest in replacing this feature with something better as soon as possible.

15 Likes

Kinda a shame, it was good to look at every once in a while but I get why it’s being removed

Would be nice to have some way to see all group updates in one though, or group update history (even if it’s just past 3 posts)

1 Like