Sunsetting User Ads and improvements to Sponsored Experiences

Here’s to hoping that the entire site gets a complete design overhaul now like the Creator Hub did!

(that’s really the only advanatage I see to removing user ads tbh…)

4 Likes

If this is still the trade, it’s no wonder why people stop using ads.
285 for 30 credits is too much.

1 credit = 10R$, it shouldn’t be more than 5 in my opinion.
Because roblox takes the tax on it anyway.
So if it is 10, roblox takes 6 or 7, if it were 5, roblox would take 3 in tax or so.

I remember when people kept trading tix for R$, it started as 2tix for 1R$, then it went up to 5Tix for 1R$ then it went up to 10 tix for 1R$ then up to 20tix for 1R$.
Then they removed the conversion.

People loved converting, and then they removed it because people thought “robux” was the only currency the site should use.

Then later came “Real money”, and now the site wants to remove “Robux”.
This is a bad way to go.

6 Likes

I’m not too sure if I like this. Ads are one of the few ways groups can get new members. I’d be happy to see better discoverability for groups, but how long will it take after ads are gone?

4 Likes

finally there no longer will be some “PLS FOLLOW ME!! I NEED VERIFIED BADGE!!!” begging

9 Likes

Your overall ad spend is higher with this new system as well, given the minimum bid and the low amount of impressions. We got much higher return with legacy user ads compared to sponsored. We can’t convey a message in a thumbnail like we can in a skyscraper ad.

6 Likes

The old legacy Ad system allowed me to spend 1tix at first, then it moved up to 20 then to 100, then over to Robux, idk the starting amount on Robux.

But the reason for having it low, was so users could push random ads, that was funny.
The current ads are just not fun at all.
And doesn’t really make me want to play a game.
I miss the banner ads and skyscraper ads, that had random text in them.

7 Likes

As per usual, roblox ignored all feedback and is doing away with a feature most people like.

Why? Because their new system will be more sanitized (corporate) and profitable.

It’s a shame to see every update go down the path of grey corporatism and greed.

I used to love this site.

18 Likes

Yeah that’s my favourite part about this update. Sad that Roblox didn’t think it through better, but at least there’ll be less scammy cringe. Sponsored experiences at least tend to have slightly more professional icons.

2 Likes

I think some developer will just put ad in their game everywhere, i know that roblox has a ad limit on how much user can see ad but still. R.I.P User AD

1 Like

Not being able to advertise groups is so dumb, what about those role-play groups such as grocery stores, cafes and such that don’t have a game yet? I’m glad I’m losing interest in Roblox because this is just nonsense.

10 Likes

what will happen to the group/shirt advertisers

1 Like

So what’s going to replace the user ads then visually? Or will it just be empty space

1 Like

Clearly Mister Engineer has TBC because he has the orange bc hat

2 Likes

Roblox is digging itself a grave here, these “ad credits” are too expensive, people could advertise their game without having to earn atleast a 1000 or 3000 robux just to get least attention. Want to add that neither sponsoring or advertising on roblox ever worked for big projects, only for silly games like slapping simulator, toilet tower defence (toilet tower defence is following the trend with what are they called? “skibidi toilets”) and many more to come. The more we go the worse it gets.

7 Likes

Despite being warned of these changes, I was disappointed to find out we’d only been given less than 14 days notice of such a core feature being removed from the site.

I have been an avid user of the user ads system for many many years, using it to successfully grow multiple different niche audience games which simply don’t and won’t hold up in the sponsored experience system, and I have frequently attempted to move my advertising to sponsoring over the last year and multiple times the outcome has been significantly more expensive and yielded significantly worse results in terms of cost per impression and click through rate.

While I appreciate there is likely more reasons than what have been said in previous posts as to why this feature is being removed from the site, I would seriously encourage the team to reconsider how advertising works on the platform going forwards, especially considering the removal of group advertisements (something that was fundamental to growing many smaller niche communities on the platform), and with no viable replacement being offered before the deadline.

Given the abundance of negative feedback in response to this change under both this announcement and the original announcement, I hope that the team, as they have with other features, takes the community’s feedback into account and provides some more clarity and transparency of what the future holds for developers like me who heavily relied on user ads.

12 Likes

way to completely kill indie devs guys, good work

maybe think about not doing this :roll_eyes:

18 Likes

No doubt user ads will just be replaced with regular advertisements. All I see is a greed scheme, developers are being met with more and more hurdles every year and it’s becoming almost impossible to get your game out there.

5 Likes

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Our team is actively working on improving the relevance and quality of search results. In particular, we are currently investigating the query you provided (“bus”).

Will follow up privately to discuss your issue so as to not derail the ads post :pray:

2 Likes

RIP classic Roblox ads :cry:

May we also take a moment to acknowledge the fact that Roblox just
lowkey hates anyone under 18 making games on their platform, I mean, first the plugins and now this?

4 Likes

As you scroll through this comment section, you will notice that not a single developer or even player is celebrating this change. Every comment is negative. Please stop prioritizing corporate profits at the expense of this developer community.

As others have mentioned, the original ads were enjoyable and allowed the community to collaborate and share their innovations. Now, it will be impossible to advertise groups and new innovations other than games.

Revert the change as nearly everyone is asking you to do, and listen to the community. I hope YouTubers can shine a spotlight on this issue and highlight that everyone is rejecting this change. Maybe then you will consider reverting it.

25 Likes