Sunsetting User Ads and improvements to Sponsored Experiences

Interesting, I wasn’t aware of that. Seems like a huge oversight tbh, paid access games need to be included in this somehow, possibly on a Cost Per Click or Cost Per Impression basis

2 Likes

Okay I can definitely see the reasoning behind this but I can’t help but feel like this isn’t going to go well… I don’t know. Just a feeling.

1 Like

Users younger than 13 have not been able to view ads for a while, but yes, now they’re not gonna be able to create their own either. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

This would be a good opportunity. They could even bring back statuses. It’s a hit or miss on if they do it, and how they do it. Badges are a good idea, but I’m worried on the scaling and sizes.

Ive thought of them having some icon layout for administrators like they do for premium and verified users rather than just having a badge. Yet again, they could make new ones to fill it up…

Joining the dev forum could be a badge, but that should be up to them. Don’t screw and over-populate it. Hopefully for now its just left alone and not forgotten.

1 Like

If they can integrate Guilded servers into Roblox Studio for better accessibility then it could be a good update but the removal of Groups is just another hit to “Old Roblox” features.

2 Likes

Users younger than 13 don’t usually have a PC to play Roblox anyways so its not a huge difference.

1 Like

Honestly when was the last time Roblox actually fixed something before completely removing it from the platform. Remember how the audio update was ages ago but we still don’t have public audios? Robloxs way of doing things is instead of taking the time to moderate and fix things they rather completely delete it and worry about it later.

3 Likes

I mean they brought back publishing stuff that qualifies as SFX (if it’s new and if the user is eligible) but we’re still anticipating for it to be enabled for all audio and all (or many) users like it used to be.

That’s because we’re not in 2017 anymore. Back then I believed there were that many young users trying to create places, clothing, and ads. Today’s generation is just playing Adopt Me, Brookhaven, and cash grabs on mobile or console. And if Roblox believes the majority plays on mobile or otherwise the apps, that might be another excuse for them to remove User Ads.

1 Like

…and another feature that will go years without an adequate replacement. Ensloppification!

11 Likes

My concern to this is how groups will be able to advertise when they aren’t game-oriented? Several contracting groups don’t have public games and you expect them just to make one to have some chance of being discovered? Lets not mentioned how sponsored ads are by far the WORST performing way to advertise AT ALL, they aren’t even worth the money you spend on them now, let alone in the future when the prices will absolutely skyrocket.

Also just so your aware, ads manager seems to be only for businesses, not roblox users so what is the point if your not a taxed game studio?

5 Likes

Yet another stupid decision by roblox, there is no real replacement for these, the ads manager is really bad, this is going to absolutely ruin new game discovery, you have to spend £20 worth of robux to get an advert you don’t even know will work

6 Likes

If that’s a bug for his game then I’m sure it’s happening for other games too, and with that being such an important (and free) feature maybe the engineers should focus on finishing work on that search algorithm before forcing the entire community to a new advertisement system.

3 Likes

Instead of combating Adblocks which render User Ads less efficient, they decide to give up and remove the most innovative feature ROBLOX had for growing communities.

5 Likes

i hate this platform more and more with each passing day

14 Likes

I hate nostalgia. Change is necessary to make things better. You can’t get better by keeping things the same.

Okay user ads are the exception. As goofy and out of place they are…

And most importantly they are more effective than those crappy sponsors.

6 Likes

So basically roblox is removing something essential in order to shine light on something new which is worse when investors probably had no idea about “user ads” in the first place.

3 Likes

Gotta hand it to roblox for making it even worse for us developers. I could probably write an essay on why the new ad system sucks, but of course they aren’t gonna listen to us. Getting a small game popular is gonna be a distant dream from now on.

9 Likes

A response to our feedback would be appreciated (even if the changes will still be rolled out as scheduled) but somehow I highly doubt that we’ll get another response.

4 Likes

Roblox is more Checkers than Chess, only looking a 1 step ahead at a time

4 Likes