Support system game

@DragRacer31

No I am aware requesting the UserId is perfectly legal and very often used correctly as a key.

By what was implied by the OP in his post, it seemed very much like a support system that would require further information than the User Id,

Of course it’s not against the ToS.

Sorry for any confusion

By this I meant information of that sort, such as their password, not the UserId specifically.

1 Like

Just to clear everything up, It only needs User ID/ Username and text box’s input.

Judging by OP’s post I believe he just worded it a bit wrong, but I will admit without second looking it could look that way. Sorry I thought you were referring to just “I need it to take their user name, user ID” as the way you worded it looked to be the case as well. Imagine though if we couldn’t get this info, rip datastores/ban systems.

2 Likes

You meant their like private info, like their address, and location, and stuff?

1 Like

Hm, I could also recommend a Discord Webhook. There’s lots of containers and resources for it such as time stamps, footers, avatars, names, multiple Roblox TextBox.Text, etc.

You should not use DataStores for storing tickets, as vanilla datastores cannot return every single key in the datastore and OrderedDataStores can only use positive integers

Here’s a few alternatives

Discord Webhooks

Read more here
Discord Webhooks are one of the best ways of sending support tickets. However, to prevent scammers using discord to store passwords from scam games, you'll need to use a proxy.

TrelloAPI

Using Trello is another way of storing data. Trello allows you to store lots of tickets in a user-friendly environment
Trello has issues with data storage and it can sometimes lose data.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there anyway to also get the time it was sent with data stores?

What is a positive integer or an integer at all?

os.date("!*t") returns a dictionary with the current time, date and if the server is using DST additions (GMT+1 etc.)

A Positive Integer is any whole number over 0

If a positive integer is something over 0, why would it be bad?

Because you want to store, as i’m aware, a dictionary for the support ticket.

Example of a Dictionary if you don’t know what they are

local Dict = {
   SenderId = 8094244;
   Title = "Support Ticket";
   Body = "Lorem Ipsum Dolor";
   SendTime = os.time()
}
1 Like

How would I go about displaying the tickets to staff?

I linked a post in a previous reply
(Support system game - #18 by metatablecatmaid) on how to setup Discord Webhooks, keep in mind you need a proxy server because Discord blocks direct requests from Roblox

idk make the webhook point to a #staff channel in your discord server

I don’t really want to use discord, would prefer in game or trello if in game does not work.

I don’t use Trello for support-related information, if you want to use Trello, i recommend you look into this module

Is there any like trello to roblox module so I can echo the tickets into the staff section in game?

Roblox’s HTTPService (which roblox uses to communicate to outside websites) cannot listen for http requests. The only way to do this is to ping a GET reques to Trello and decompose that from a JSON/XML table

FYI: Discord has removed the block on Roblox requests

I know how to retrieve the data stores contents, but how do I format it in game?

So vanilla datastores cannot return every single key. What if the key was just the User ID?