SurfaceGui Brightness Feature Missing

As the title suggests, I can’t seem to find the Brightness property belonging to SurfaceGuis both in Roblox Studio & Roblox Player. I haven’t been able to find anything about the property being deprecated and can still find it on the Roblox Documentation.

If you don’t know the property I am referring to, you can find the Roblox announcement for its release here. I would appreciate if anybody would check if they are facing the same issue or point me in the direction of a workaround.

1 Like

took me a bit before i figured it out but it’s explained in the docs!

This property won’t produce any effect in the following scenarios wherein the GUI does not emit light.:

• When AlwaysOnTop is true, the color of each pixel is the color shown on-screen.

• When LightInfluence is 1, all light from the GUI is reflected from the environment instead of being emit.

You first have to set LightInfluence to something less than 1 and the property will appear

1 Like

That’s the issue. The LightInfluence is set to 0 and the Brightness property still isn’t there.

You need AlwaysOnTop to be off. Otherwise it won’t work.

I believe the reason is that if AlwaysOnTop is true, the SurfaceGUI isn’t rendered in 3D space, but brightness/bloom is a 3D effect.

That seems to have fixed it. Thank you so much!

1 Like