SurfaceGuiWrapper Module

In 2015, I made a place that demoed wrapping GUIs to multiple surfaces. For a potential project, I needed a new version that didn’t have the performance problems of the old one. TIME FOR A REWRITE THEN!

The main difference between last time and this time is the performance. Adding and removing instances on the fly wasn’t good, and adding new surfaces didn’t exist. All of these have been addressed. Also, they don’t have to be the same size, and can work in any position. No, rotation still isn’t working properly because we don’t have clipping.

As always, it is open sourced. Same for the demo.
Demo: SurfaceGuiWrapper Demo - Roblox
Module: SurfaceGuiWrapper Module - Roblox

39 Likes

Well you just killed tonights productivity… I got a new toy to play with! Thank you Nexus! ^w^

EDIT: rip! forgot we dont have layer masks. >w<

I am making plans for a potential project I may have mentioned before as “Project Virtuality”. I would need this to dynamically scale up to something like 30 or so parts. Also, might be used for a map in Ultimate Boxing.

Fun fact: This is 1 of 10 modules I currently support, and probably 25 in total. I feel more like a ModuleScript developer than a game developer.

2 Likes

Is there any guide that shows me how to use the module?

The only guide I provide is the demo place, assuming it still works. I haven’t touched it since 2018 and don’t remember how it works.

Do you believe you can drop a rbxl of the demo by any chance?