Survival Game Update 2

NEW UPDATE: Survival Game Update 3

UPDATE 2
I am currently working on an endless survival game. The game is inspired by games like Minecraft, Muck, Terraria, etc. I have updated the test place today to showcase some features I have been working on. Any feedback on my game is appreciated.

Features:

• Island Generation using Noise
  • New Tree and Rock Generation
  • Items on the ground
  • Enemy spawns

Game keybinds:

• Inventory (T)
  • Sprint (leftshift)
  • Pickup (E)
  • Use (Mouse1)

Survival Game Testing Game Link
Youtube Devlog

Original Devforum Post

1 Like

Your project sounds fantastic! Here are some suggestions and feedback on the features you’ve implemented:

Additional Suggestions:

1. Crafting and Building Systems:

Crafting: Allow players to craft tools, weapons, and other items from resources they gather. A robust crafting system can add depth and engagement.
Building: Enable players to build structures, shelters, and defenses. This adds a layer of creativity and strategy to the gameplay.

1. Resource Management:

Gathering: Ensure a variety of resources are available for gathering, each with different uses.
Inventory System: Develop an intuitive inventory system where players can manage their resources and crafted items.

1. Exploration Incentives:

Quests and Objectives: Implement quests or objectives to guide players and give them goals to strive for.
Discoverable Lore: Add hidden lore or backstory elements that players can discover, enhancing the narrative depth.

1. Multiplayer Features:

Co-op Mode: Consider adding a multiplayer mode where players can team up to survive together. Cooperation can make resource gathering, building, and combat more dynamic and enjoyable.
PvP Elements: Introduce optional player-vs-player elements for added challenge and excitement.

1. Environmental Hazards:

Weather Effects: Implement weather systems like rain, storms, and snow that can impact gameplay (e.g., affecting visibility or resource availability).
Natural Disasters: Introduce occasional natural disasters like earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, or floods to add unpredictability and challenge.

1. Progression and Upgrades:

Skill System: Develop a skill or progression system where players can improve their abilities over time.
Upgradable Equipment: Allow players to upgrade their tools, weapons, and armor to become more effective as they progress.

Hope I could help :grin:

Crafting is a thing in the game, you have to open you inventory (press T)

1 Like