Swimming in Terrain Water in Live Games has unwanted effects on the player character

Description:
Swimming in Terrain water as any r15 character of any size makes the character swim on its back or on its side, and it does not turn so it’s stomach faces downwards as expected.

Expected Behavior:
Swimming in Terrain water should have the character swimming on their stomach facing in the direction the character is swimming.

When:
This has been occurring 100% of the time in Live Games ever since I discovered it at 4:00pm (Pacific Time) on April 21st. It can be observed in both Roblox Studio and on Live Games when HumanoidStateType.Swimming has NOT been disabled.

How to Reproduce:
Create a Baseplate with any r15 avatar with any body proportion and add Terrain water and swim in it.

Video Example of bug visible in Baseplate: robloxapp-20210504-0957015.wmv (3.4 MB)

Video Example of bug visible in a Live Game:
(My game “Feather Family”)
robloxapp-20210504-1024477.wmv (3.0 MB)

(I do not own or work on this game.)
robloxapp-20210504-1020099.wmv (3.4 MB)

Reproduction File: TerrainWaterBugReportExample.rbxl (27.6 KB)

17 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

12 Likes

Could this possibly be the reason why Humanoids are still able to swim when swimming out of Terrain water upside-down? First noticed this issue occurring yesterday.

Upon exiting the water upside-down, the GettingUp state is entered right before it switches back to Swimming.

Screenshot 2021-05-07 094402

7 Likes

I still encounter this game. Bug still occures.

4 Likes

This also occurs with R6 characters.

Is this issue still waiting to be fixed? I’m having the same issue of the humanoidstate switching to gettingUp but with custom characters instead of r15

Yes, this issue is still prevalent for all players.

1 Like

Accidental regression from a small physics change to the swimming controller. Sorry.

We’ll try to fix it in the next release.

4 Likes

I can’t reproduce this issue. Does this still occur?

2 Likes

Yes. But now GettingUp fires shortly after and cancels the state.
(Empty place with user plugins disabled)

1 Like

Yes, the bug still occurs. I am using the same place file I’ve uploaded in my original post.

robloxapp-20210610-1624125.wmv (3.5 MB)

1 Like

The bug was fixed in the latest release. Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.