Taking Action on Copies of Roblox-Created Limiteds

At this point its hopeless the roblox markteplace is now a free zone and anyone can make anything, we r very lucky ppl haven’t start making NSFW items and whatnot this is out of hand

3 Likes

Ah, that’s my bad. It looked awfully similar to the Limited Super Happy Face. Thanks for adding this on.

I’m sorry but this is getting genuinely ridiculous now. Are items even moderated at all when uploaded? Sure doesn’t seem like it.

https://www.roblox.com/catalog/14925815533/Blue-Helmet-of-Rings
Screenshot_2023-10-01_052619

This isn’t even hiding it. It’s super obvious but somehow even this gets through? Moderate the items (properly) BEFORE they hit the catalog and save yourself the time dealing with them later.

Taking it one step further! How do you like the same exact item with a few parts cut off?

Do something about the item moderation system, and do it ASAP. Don’t let the rest of the catalog turn into the clothing section. It’s ridiculous.

4 Likes

Remember when people thought this post would have an actual impact on the number of UGC ripoffs? What a bunch of crap. It’s apparent that they just don’t care anymore. I spent five minutes surfing the catalog today and made myself a 1:1 replica of the Valkyrie Helm and Purple Sparkling Fedora.

If you’re serious about this, it’s time to actually take action; it took nearly a full day for an identical (disregarding red tint) Dominus clone to finally be wiped from the marketplace. Do better.

5 Likes

Personally, while I wish copies weren’t possible and will be properly dealt with in the future, I don’t actually think copies hold any value. Limiteds are more often revered for their rarity, rather than their appearance. Although their appearance has become notable because of their rarity.

However, this dynamic is changing now with UGC limiteds. I still think Roblox limiteds will always hold a higher value simply due to being classic and from Roblox directly, but it does gray that line quite a bit.

3 Likes

I guess this post was a lie considering the current state of the UGC catalog. :skull:

6 Likes

Seriously, it’s really sad to see. I can only hope that public UGC was delayed so they can come up with a more permanent fix for the disastrous state of the catalog right now. Sadly, knowing Roblox, I have my doubts.

4 Likes

Is there going to be any update on this post? In recent weeks there has been an influx in not only similar items but 1:1 copies or limited items, and the limited market is starting to visibly suffer as a result. Some sort of manual approval process with knowledgable employees would almost assuredly solve this problem, however we are starting to reach the point where not only are these fake limited items being created, they are reaching the point at which they are being posted as limited items of their own and surpassing the 30 day resale period, which poses a serious issue for market security.

As much as 100% access to UGC creation will be a blessing, it also poses a serious threat to the already existing market, and the trade off does not seem worth it.

6 Likes

It’s over lol.
I think at this point we can just assume they don’t care anymore - at least the people meant to be dealing with it sure don’t.

This is an admin. Oh dear. :<

Tweet these screenshots are from:
Original Tweet

Really not setting a great example when actual admins actively support items / creators breaking the rules they’re supposed to enforce huh.

Please Roblox get your act together what is this.

7 Likes

bump bump bump (thats wild lmao)

1 Like

Can’t believe it ngl these items do present cool glitches like for legs and lasers for obbys etc but it’s still really not right to ppl who spent actual money on the real deal stuff

3 Likes

over 300 accessories violating this rule recently deleted, there may actually be some hope for a cleaner catalog in the future.

It is easy to hate on roblox’s incompetence when it comes to moderating but It is also important to recognise when they do well

Good job roblox, keep it up!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.