Taking Action on Copies of Roblox-Created Limiteds

Your support teams need better communication between one another.

I’m glad roblox is taking a step to removing limited clones BUT

I noticed some of the fake limiteds being taken down and being deleted however the creators of those accessories contact roblox support and they restore the items.
To my understanding as a ugc creator, ugc support and regular support is seperate? shouldn’t regular support not even be able to restore items?

7 Likes

I agree with what you’re saying but, I think the last example is stretching it a bit…
the texturing is nothing alike and its just a hat with goggles.
That’s the steam punk aesthetic.

You can’t expect people to not make steampunk accessories.
I bet if you googled steampunk hat, just those words. A hat with goggles like these will appear.
disallowing certain things such as “hats with goggles” because roblox has a hat with goggles is like disallowing players from making fedoras because the classic fedora exists.

I think there needs to be a clear understanding between copying a limited and having an idea that’s similar to an existing limited in terms of moderation… hats with goggles is a very broad idea that a lot of people have done.

8 Likes

Big Win, This will now definitely stop the limited or expensive copycats.

1 Like

I fear that some UGC limiteds that are blatant copies of Roblox created items are still finding loopholes in order to be on the Marketplace. As a prime example, just today a UGC creator uploaded and copied an offsale Roblox created accessory item and made it a free limited. It seems that the protocols and measures that are in place currently are still allowing copied items like these to bypass the UGC limited creation oversight.

6 Likes

Roblox really dont care to be fair, today there has been two valkyie helm clones, a clockwork shades clone and so many others. Roblox study of FAKE Statistics and belive that just because we dont report them that they are right. There indenial and dont care about your feedback , and your speaking to a wall
The Roblox marketplace team is awful and im surprised you havent realised by now how ignorant they are.

4 Likes

You can’t blame them. It’s like Apple trying to stop Wish from selling iPhone clones.

4 Likes

If anyone is interested this post is purely a lie and nothing ever happened.

8 Likes

What a joke of a post. Roblox is plastering almost exclusively limited copies on the home page of the marketplace! They have truly given up it seems.

8 Likes

Yeah. Roblox has clearly lied to us. Summary:

5 Likes

So when are you going to take action?

8 Likes

Yeah. Roblox should have never made Headless a default accessory.

“Front Car” is a very nice UGC accessory. I recommend buying it if you want to burn some money.

In my opinion, avatars are a waste of time and have no use whatsoever.

3 Likes

So this aged terribly.
Can we actually get some yknow… action here? The current state of UGC is genuinely abysmal and the catalog is full of patchwork limited copies (and copies of popular hats in general) that completely undermine all the work that goes into affording a genuine one.

I have some real concerns about this when it comes to how this impacts the developer scene as well,
I personally didn’t get into Roblox Studio because I was interested in Devex. I started learning it at 13 years old because I saw a cool hat I liked and thought ‘i might be able to afford that one day’. As silly as that reason is, 4 years down the line and I bought it, was happy with myself and have gained more knowledge about Roblox development than I ever expected and have a game I’m proud of despite its still reasonably small playerbase.
New developers will always come in for the interest in devex, but what other incentive is there now? I feel if 13 year old me was on the platform in its current state I’d have just brushed the idea of actually working to learn studio aside because I could just wait for the next UGC knockoff to arrive to get what I want with minimal effort.
Please, it needs cleaning up ASAP.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/peakugc/status/1688231038655373313?s=46&t=jfbuGS6mg5k50SNJHqJigA

The uploader mentioned in this tweet has been making 1:1 copies for a month now and he still can upload. Are Roblox moderators scared of him?

4 Likes

damn they actually fired the bad ideas team again another good update

3 Likes

You’re kidding, right?

I mean…

4 Likes

It’s been long enough now and this is still a very glaring issue that’s only getting worse.

People are turning this into a black market, charging real money for access to the games where they sell the items:

Why is this being quite plainly ignored? You cannot make an announcement promising to deal with and then closely monitor an issue, and then clear it out once and never look at it again. It’s a rampant problem you need to put a stop to before more people move the sales of knockoff limiteds off-platform.

6 Likes

This is a lie. I’ve reported many of the 100s of limited copies and yet they are not being taken down.

This is also objectively a lie. Limited copies have been skyrocketing over the past few days and no action is being taken.

This whole post is a joke.

4 Likes

Roblox has done little to nothing on this whole UGC situation. Whenever I am on the marketplace there is at least 1 copy of a limited edition item per row selling for cheap and looking like an exact copy of the item they are basing it off of. UGC in entirety isn’t a bad idea but the way its going so far, its just making it seem like a mistake to start with.

classichappyfaceroblox

On this screenshot that I took, these are UGC items which can be used together to copy (or at least look similar) the “Super Super Happy Face” worth about 159,000 Robux last time I checked. An item thats worth thousands of real life USD which could be simply copied for less than 150 Robux. It doesn’t really seem like the moderation team at Roblox is doing much to prevent these kind of UGC items to get through.

5 Likes

that face specifically is fine. it’s a callback to a popular decal that was used in the first few years of roblox’s lifespan to give characters that type of expression

6 Likes

While i’ve missed my chance to get such items, I feel it is the right thing because the point of it was to not only stop exit scamming and rip offs by copying them, but to give people the chance to obtain such items, especially the ones who were hacked and can’t do anything about it, they could at least get their items back but cheaper. It should be no surprise at all the rich and scammers will complain, they are called self absorbed after all.

3 Likes