Talent Hub doesn't work in vertical mode on Mobile

Reproduction Steps
Go to your choice of browser, log into roblox, go to the Talent Hub.

Expected Behavior
Talent Hub to function properly in vertical mode.

Actual Behavior
You can’t really do anything other than view Job Posts and click on Job Posts, if you tap on the three lines in the top left nothing will happen. Your profile picture that should be in the top right isn’t there.

The entire website isn’t scaled properly, so when you click on the filters icon you can’t exit out of the filters.

Workaround
Turn your phone sideways (go into horizontal mode).

Issue Area: Talent Hub
Page URL: https://talent.roblox.com/
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly

9 Likes

Thanks for the bug report. We don’t officially support mobile form factors currently on the Talent Hub, so this is a known issue. It’s on our list of items to address later this year.

7 Likes

I seem to have found a workaround if you are using an Apple iPhone and the Safari browser. You are able to zoom out by clicking on the left of the top bar
and clicking on the button on the left
(A small letter “A”) that shows in the drop down. Keep clicking the A button to zoom out more. If you zoom out enough, the page becomes usable and works as intended. You can open and close the filters section and even access your profile information.

Here is a video of the process (Sorry if it does not load):

I’m not sure if this is possible on all devices, though. If it does not work for you, then you could always just turn your phone sideways or wait for the issue to be fixed.

3 Likes

Just to add to this, enabling desktop mode in your browser does fix it for me. I think you can do this in every browser except for the mobile version of Safari (don’t personally have any Apple devices so I don’t know for sure). Just click on the menu in your browser and press desktop mode. Example:

2 Likes

This is my attempt to use the talent hub on my android mobile.

1 : chrome it works fine on desktop mode however on mobile mode of course it doesn’t work so any android users our there it would be recommended to enable desktop mode for now.

2 : using opera GX also causes the same issue and need to enable desktop mode.

3 : was unable to try it on duckduckgo as it deleted all data after closing the app

Here the video

Sorry for using streamable since I am unable to upload videos on the dev forum it keeps coming up as an error.

Hey,

Just as an update - mobile compatibility is still an important item to us for Talent Hub. We want Creators to be able to hire and be hired on the go! We are getting to it as one of our higher priority items.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Why not reopen the collaboration category in the meantime? The talent hub has been unusable on mobile for the entire time it’s existed. The only alternatives to find jobs and clients are outside the Roblox ecosystem (e.g. Twitter), which surely isn’t where you want people to be going.

4 Likes

Is there any update to this? Not great that Talent Hub is rendered completely useless for anybody trying to access it on their phones, this affects everybody.

4 Likes

Has been over a year now and there is still absolutely no support for mobile on the talent hub.

Is this planned at all? This is what our job listing looks like; how can we expect anybody that opens this link from a Tweet on their phone to easily apply for the job?

2 Likes

Looks like me and @peraldon were a bit ambitious last year when we said it would be worked on “this year”. This is still one of the top priorities for Talent Hub, it’s going through design phases right now before the team starts implementing it.

The team doesn’t have a high confidence ship date currently that I can share here but we’ll update here with more info once we have it. Apologies for the inconvenience in the mean-time, we fully understand the usability impact here.

5 Likes