Talent Hub: Uploading Images to Job Postings

Nice to see we got a feature we could previously do anyway in the collaboration category…

Talent hub still isn’t fit for purpose, yet alone anywhere near as useful as the collaboration categories on the developer forum.

13 Likes

Overdue feature moment

5 Likes

In all fairness, I agree. I saw no reason to replace it, and Talent Hub simply will never be as convenient as #collaboration once was.

6 Likes

This is a good step towards a better collaboration site. Now hopefully we get those other requested features such as removing the character limit!

3 Likes

We also need support for images on our Bio, in my Creator Page I have a simple portfolio addef through Markdown on my bio, but if you are phasing down support for it, I will have no place to paste it

10 Likes

This looks great, I’ve been waiting for some more features to make the talent hub more appealing. One question I have, is how spam can be moderated.

3 Likes

This is great. Now all we need is for the Talent Hub to be locked to forum members. I don’t want to have to sift through hundreds of posts made by 10 year olds before finding a quality job.

3 Likes

Nice, this is a good update. It would be nice if the talent hub had a filter where you can search by pay per hour sorta like indeed.

3 Likes

I have one solution for making profiles more expressive:

Why not allow people to upload/write README.md files for their profiles? This would work in a similar fashion as a GitHub user/repository README.md. Imagine all the colorful graphs, images, and formatted text that users could build with this.

8 Likes

I did a topic about that few days ago too. Seems like Roblox is listening to feedbacks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad to see that new features continue to be added to the Talent Hub and we are getting closer to what I think the majority of people would say is an actually useful site that can be compared to the old solution in the collaboration category.

I have brought up a few issues publicly and some privately as well, in particular one thing I noted from the previous feature update was the fact that the character limits are still too low. I asked in April and I’ll ask again now - any word on when these will be increased to compare to other professional sites like LinkedIn?

2 Likes

I’m glad to see Roblox keep improving Talent Hub and implementing highly-requested features. Can’t wait to see what the future may hold! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for checking in here, in case you missed it, I left a lengthy response here about it: Remove 10 project limit, and improve other Talent Hub limitations - #8 by Hooksmith

Team is working on this!

6 Likes

The problem with hosting the job postings and portfolios on Discourse is that’s the best it’s going to get: we can’t offer you anything else except for simple Markdown and post-reply style, and we can’t offer you sophisticated search filters without a lot of extra plugin work that doesn’t scale well on our end to maintain. Unfortunately a discussion forum is not the best way to lay out and filter content for a product like this, and we want to provide you with the best experience long-term.

We want to provide loads of filtering related to skills, listing experience in a structured way, payment options and amounts, the type of work you want to do, and so forth. This is hard to achieve with Discourse search and with Discourse category topic views.

It’s fair feedback that there are some things you could do better with the Discourse editor compared to the Talent Hub, and the team is working on closing the gap based on your feedback, so keep it coming!

I highly recommend posting all your feedback in #feature-requests:talent-hub-features (or messaging @thelastavatar983 if you cannot post there)!

10 Likes

Finally a good change, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

At last this has arrived! I’ve been waiting a long time for this, and it’s awesome to see that you can finally upload images to job posts! This will certainly help attract developers to apply for your jobs.

Is this change necessary? What about larger images to be displayed on a creation? (e.g. wide thumbnails).

While I do appreciate this change as a whole, I find it quite limiting. (All images of a creation in a single row, no ability to control sizing, only square shaped).

If needed, I could provide an image of the use case.

1 Like

Will there ever be support for uploading videos to our portfolio/creator page?

There are certain pieces of work I can’t demonstrate with only a picture, so it would be great if we could upload mp4 files as well.

2 Likes

What’s the point in doing this? It seems very pointless to remove it. Just leave it in so people don’t have to go through everything and fix it. This will be annoying if people had a lot of images.

Also a question: Will you ever allow use of Discord tags on the Talent Hub? I really prefer to communicate over Discord instead on Roblox for stuff like this. Please allow us to use our Discord tags on there. It would make life much easier (I also would be a lot more likely to see a Discord message/friend request than I am to see a message on the Developer Forum, Roblox, The Talent Hub or whatever way you have us contact each other).

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.