Team Create / Collaborators

Apologies if this is in the wrong category.

My friend is currently creating a game, and I wanted to help him out. So I walked him through the steps of how to add collaborators and all that stuff but then we ran into a problem. He wasn’t able to edit the permissions and allow me to edit the game. I tried testing it on my own game and I still have the same issue! The permissions drop-down box is grayed out. I’ve searched on YouTube and Google and I still can’t find a solution.

Please help.

1 Like

If the user can’t elevate your permission you can’t add users that you have not friended the user will need to friend you in under to change your permission level and give you edit access. Here is a announcement thread regarding the changes to the (team create permission) non-friends can’t be given permission; you need to be friends in order to collaborate with them.

2 Likes

Oh, that explains it! Thank you so much.

1 Like

Keep in mind if that if you’re planning on publishing the game to a group, and want to give him permission to the game, you’d have to go into group settings > roles > and then enable this:

But like Jordonh23 mentioned, if this is your baseplate, which isn’t in a group, then you simply have to be friends with the user you’re wanting to build with. Thereafter you can then allow him access to the studio.

1 Like