Teaser trailer: Colony

It’s time for me to come clean, introducing my newest game “Colony”, here’s the short description:

“Welcome to Colony! A Game where you are tasked to build colonies, Harvest the resources to make your colony survive, Defend your colony against hostile players or be the hostile player, and steal resources from other players! This is Colony, In Mars or beyond.”

Discord: https://discord.gg/DCRAtbf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ColonyRoblox/
the links are in the video, if you want to join.

21 Likes

I like the Effects of the Trailer like with the Rocket coming down, they’re really nice! Can’t wait for the Demo.

1 Like

Thanks! Really love the support From you guys!

Yes, the effects of the fire with the camera shaking, and adding the sound on top of it, this has potential for an amazing upcoming game. :+1:

Actually the whole particle effect system was the logo(the effect where the rocket flare/fire hits the ground), was the logo, just colored and given few things, such as rot speed and more. that’s the power of Roblox’s particle system. Take that Dani

1 Like

Well anyways, it is cool nevertheless, but imagine you could bump up the particle system though… like more realistic :open_mouth:, just a thought.

Alright! I’ll probably crank it up a bit, but i dont think other details wont go into cuz the video there is recorded in graph setting 10 so it was a good bust i guess.

Try looking at real rocket launches and their landings. Try mimicking the power they have. Real rockets don’t go up/down in linear motions. Good work though!

2 Likes

I just came to see back to youtube and this old friend of mine still remembers the time where ill’d keep telling him to try launching a mini rocket in the campus basketball court . I told you guys, bragging actually does help you. (Source of this qoute)

The way the rocket comes down is too linear, I would add some off balance to the movement to give it a more realistic vibe

1 Like

Yeah, but i think that would do it for now…

Looks like Unity’s particle system

That was a joke but dang it really does! That fire is awesome! And the screen shake really adds to it!

Thanks! The shake was more for the teaser but ill think i might add it to the game. Probably.

EDIT: I’ve added the disc server, Reddit, and game page. I hope someone joins.

Do you have any idea when the demo will be out?

:flushed: Still setting a deadline, let’s see how organized am I.

1 Like

My trello list so far.

I think you did a pretty good job on the sound and camera shake, but the particles are a bit underwhelming and don’t match up to the intensity of a real rocket landing/launch. You should add big dust clouds as the rocket lands to help capture this better, it would probably make it look a lot more grand.

Good luck on your game!

1 Like

Alright ill take this to account. This might just increase the wow factor.