TeleportToNewPlaceInstance

Still isn’t like other platforms where you can control servers rather than thousands of places, so if you update the game cough cough cough cough cough cough cough.[/quote]

Actually, I used insert service to load all my updates.

Too much work for a simple private server.

Don’t forget that people who are newer to scripting would benefit a lot from something like this. Not everyone is experienced enough to know how to make systems with functions like CreatePlace to reuse places.

Pleeeease roblox, I’m dying for this! :frowning:

Again, I need this to start a new server WITHOUT creating a new place because I just want to teleport a group to an already in-progress game.

Either that, or some method that checks how many slots are left in the server or something. Currently I never know how many server spaces are available and the group may become separated :confused:

I’m still waiting for this beloved feature to come out! Could you guys please give it a try? You guys have created VIP servers which must be similar or along the line to this “simple” feature.

Come on ROBLOX! Do something good for a change!

I know this thread is 8 months old,
but I felt the need to bump it, rather than create a new thread.

I can see why this is needed rather than CreatePlace and InsertService.

It removes a great deal of hassle on the developer. I don’t have to worry as much.

The fact that this doesn’t exist makes me want to quit games.

It seems a bit petty to want to quit games for a feature that’s never existed.

It seems a bit petty to want to quit games for a feature that’s never existed.[/quote]

It’s a play on something that happened at RDC West.

I know you guys [ROBLOX Staff] are busy and have a work load but could anyone get back to us soon because even though it’s been over 8 months (time sure does fly by), each day makes me even more anxious to get this feature. I believe that it’s vital for game-play in universes, and not only that but an easier way for the game developer to send updates and control their games rather than having the burden of maintaining hundreds upon hundreds of places with no unification after place creation. :frowning:

I stopped working on my space game because I want to be able to create instances instead of places that are saved. I can use CreatePlace, but the problem is I want something such as

:CreateInstanceAsync(Table Players, Int PlaceId, String Data)
Also, only allow it to make instances of the same universe.
String Data can be used for more advanced matchmaking, for example in my planned space game matchmaking, I want it so players select a few ships for battle, then when teleported to the instance, it will know what ships each player have.

My match maker is planned to be like so:

• Find the players in the queue
  • Create an instance for all the players
  • Teleport all the players to the new instance + have data to send to the instance.
  • Players play the game, and when it finishes, save stats of the match, teleport all players back to the lobby.
  • Close the instance.

DataStores can be used for knowing what ships each player has, but it would be nicer this way.

I feel as if String Data would be useless and unneeded because when starting a new server you’ll get a fresh start on the DataStore limit per minute and not only that but that String Data will put more hassle on this feature than is already needed.

Side note: What’s wrong with my original TeleportService:TeleportToNewPlaceInstance(Place,Player(s),Delay)?

I feel as if String Data would be useless and unneeded because when starting a new server you’ll get a fresh start on the DataStore limit per minute and not only that but that String Data will put more hassle on this feature than is already needed.

Side note: What’s wrong with my original TeleportService:TeleportToNewPlaceInstance(Place,Player(s),Delay)?[/quote]
That could work just fine as well.