Temporary Issue with “Experience By Place ID” Sale Location

There is pretty much no benefit to exploiting for a paid UGC limited in a game though, since I find it highly unlikely that someone would lock a paid item behind some sort of challenge or anything like that. In pretty much all cases it would just be a display to buy the item and nothing more.

8 Likes

I hope this issue can be quickly yet effectively resolved, as this problem was disincentivizing creators from creating events to award UGC items!

7 Likes

Some could do it to get those paid limited with few copies

8 Likes

I really appreciate Roblox’s quick response to improve upon this. Looking forwards to seeing the outcome.

6 Likes

Thanks for the quick response to this issue. Really looking forward to using this system again to allow players to claim UGC Limiteds from quests in-game!

6 Likes

Glad to know Roblox is fixing this feature. W Roblox :smiley:

8 Likes

Hi, I am one of the creators that were affected by this, and was wondering if creators who spent money with the intent to sell through their experiences can get their robux back ?

Thank you

7 Likes

I do not have to give you a example that was “heavy targeted by”. You mentioned that it was only free-items that exploiters were after, and I had to correct you on that, since I have experienced exploiters for paid releases aswell. (My own)

4 Likes

Same answer goes to you. I’m aware that it’s not as heavily targeted as free releases, but they’re there.

3 Likes

It’s alright that you have that opinion, but from experience I can tell you that exploiters also go for paid items.

The focus right now is, that Roblox is working on a fix, and I’m glad they do.

5 Likes

I agree with the sentiment that it is a possibility, but I find that the severity of the issue is negligible to be worth disabling entirely, depending on how long a fix is going to take.

6 Likes

Nice to see Roblox actually doing something about this.
Rare W Roblox moment.

5 Likes

I feel the pain all – especially UGC creators – goes through right now, since they have to redirect their plans until a fix is found. But disabling the feature was necessary. - Why? Because Roblox decided so. They know more behind the facade, than anyone else in here does.

4 Likes

That’s a good act from you Roblox but people who made free limited in-game like me won’t get refund ? We weren’t responsible for people who cheat with exploits.
Besides, these exploit problems have affected the reputation of my game, I have received a lot of new dislikes due to the lack of security.
Also another big problem with this feature, putting an ID from a game with several places can get replaced by the ID of the main place. So there’s no way to hide a reward without making a separated game.

7 Likes

I liked how you can set a certain experience, so that people can only buy UGC limiteds from that experience. Of course, bugs are expected. At the same time, this kind of gives me a bit of a question as to if the anti-cheat will release on other versions of Roblox as well (like Mac, Microsoft Store, etc.), not just Windows. Other than that, the May 30th update was very good and helped many UGC creators!!

5 Likes

A welcome update but as previously mentioned by other posters, a blanket disabling of the feature for all assets rather than just free ones (the most likely to be exploited) seems like an overstep. Although true there are some users who would still exploit for paid items, they are in the minority, and paid items with required objectives to complete before purchasing are not at all common which gives the average player plenty of opportunity to purchase these items. Disabling the feature entirely upsets the plans of anyone wishing to release in game only paid limiteds for seemingly little reason when this could be limited to free items exclusively while the solution to the problem is investigated, because it doesn’t really apply to paid items to anywhere near the same extent. Just my two cents.

7 Likes

“Fix” implies that it was intended to be used as a method for awarding items, this is disgraceful that this was intended to be used to award items to players, it’s not an ideal solution but it also encourages UGC creators to accidentally break the community standards by offering UGC Limiteds and forgetting to disclose stock levels (which is false-advertising)!

Most of the UGC creators I’ve seen use this feature have not advertised the fact that only x players may receive the limited item on the game-page despite clearly marking the Limited as obtainable on that same page (they’ve mentioned stock on Twitter however this is no substitute as it’s a different page) wouldn’t this also fall under these rules since a player is in-theory being lied to and/or scammed? The fact that Limiteds are well, limited, creates a pitfall for UGC creators to break the community standards accidentally, please consider a solution that is not making Limited accessories purchasable in a specific game but rather a genuine way to award items, this will make it way less-likely for UGC creators to accidentally “stab themselves in the foot” by forgetting to disclose stock levels!

7 Likes

Funny enough, i did tried to make the Stock keeping up with the current numbers, but it appears the method MarketplaceService:GetProductInfo(ItemId) only has the “Remaining” values In Studio

It is currently impossible to read the “Remaining” value in a online game. as seen here, it does not exist :

And i wrote the total stock in the textlabel only if it didn’t error, so that’s my bad :skull_and_crossbones:

4 Likes

Code it all on the client, not server. Had the same issue.

5 Likes

I second the request for an AwardItem() API, especially if it were to extend to non-limiteds. It would open the door for so many creative ideas.

15 Likes