Temporary Issue with “Experience By Place ID” Sale Location

How long this will take to fix it?

5 Likes

They would have given us a estimate if they had one. (That would be the most logical ofc)

3 Likes

They probably don’t have a switch to just disable it for free limiteds, meaning it’s either all or nothing in enabling or disabling it. Don’t quote me on that obviously I ain’t no Roblox engineer.

3 Likes

It is not something that surprises me, much since this was coming, the exploiters of course would take advantage of this to be able to keep as many of these free limited objects as possible, but I am happy that they are looking for a solution to this problem since yes It is very annoying that everything is over in 1 minute because of the exploiters and very few who played well get it.

4 Likes

Wow. You know it’s massive when roblox comes out on the devforum to say something has gone wrong

2 Likes

I hope this get solved soon because this update is pretty useful for ugc creators

2 Likes

Hoping this gets solved soon since it’s a pretty cool feature.

I was in a free UGC limited game that my friend @TeaCem created, and exploiters got most of the limiteds, which is unfortunate for people playing legitimately.

Exploiters ruining the game then caused them to receive large amounts of hate, including death threats, due to ‘why didn’t you develop an anti-cheat’ etc. I assume other UGC creators have also experienced this as well.

4 Likes

Funny why did Roblox disabled the in-game sale location? I wanna upload free UGC Limited today doesn’t matter if any exploiter on my game because I already make my own anti cheat by using two different game one place is for the reward ( every player that not finished the challenge will be kicked automatically ), two place is for the challenge. Just because exploiter in your game the UGC in-game sale location is now disabled, I don’t know how long till Roblox enabled it again? Get a better developer that can prevent exploiter from your game. UGC Creator upload the free UGC not even thinking it what happend if my game got exploiter ( Report it to Roblox, LOL! ). Now I lied to all my community member because Roblox is disabling in-game sale location, I hope in-game sales back tomorrow.

3 Likes

Perhaps a callback to process UGC items could work. Sort of like ProcessReceipt, if the callback resolves, then the user receives the item. If it goes unresolved, a refund could work. Although exploits are still possible with this system, it opens the doors for developers to give users their items at their own discretion with sanity checks.

4 Likes

You don’t appear to understand the fact that the Roblox web api bypasses your ‘anti-exploit’ entirely since any user with the game id can buy the accessory without even joining!

2 Likes

Abcreator, Thanks for reply. but I already do my own research in every Discord Server that has a UGC Bot, They still can’t even bypass it and still using exploit to buy Free UGC Limited Item with in-game sale location.

2 Likes

Your post is hard to understand but you have to understand that not every UGC creator is automatically going to know how to script an anti-cheat.

1 Like

What’s about make new method for MarketplaceService? For example MarketpalceService:GiveLimitedItem(Player,AssetId). Method can be called only in Server Side

EDIT: I didn’t see suggestion about it upper :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Why didn’t roblox make ugc items badge game? like egg hunt and ready player two

5 Likes

To make it as least disruptive to past code as possible, a new method can be only required to be used on the server if it’s for buying a limited and if that limited is free. Everything should still be allowed to be sold through the client since exploiters won’t use that to have to pay for items. Hopefully it’s an easy fix because I’ve never been more excited to use a feature.

4 Likes

This is an overstatement. There were definitely a lot of exploiters that got some of the stock that I wasn’t really able to prevent because those were taking advantage of the same thing addressed in this post. Most of the issues lied within other bugs that existed within the game.

To expand on this the thing that exploiters took advantage of wasn’t something UGC creators could easily script to prevent. Hence why the sell through experience by ID option is down right now.

6 Likes

Had the same issue yesterday, but turns out you can use this instead:

local item_id = 0
local remaining = game:GetService("AvatarEditorService"):GetItemDetails(item_id,Enum.AvatarItemType.Asset).UnitsAvailableForConsumption
10 Likes

fr they never gonna fix it and if they do it will be in 3 years or smh

5 Likes

I think this is the best way to prevent bot, I hope they added this.

2 Likes

Looks like they forgot about this.

1 Like