Termination & impact on groups

Yeah, totally agree, its very scary right now with people getting moderated for ridiculous things, then having this issue. I’m almost scared to even work on my game right now because of it.

8 Likes

Definitely support, seriously hoping this moderation stuff gets sorted out soon.

4 Likes

Groups should be locked when the owner is terminated.

8 Likes

I feel like it would be better if only the next rank down should be able to claim the group that way some of the more trusted members can become the owner in an emergency.

(Of course if the group is empty anyone can claim)

14 Likes

The sheer thought of something like this happening to me, literally makes me want to vomit. They do not know how long, and how frustrating the development work I have done for my group and games that are for other’s entertainment have been. This never should’ve been an option to begin with, and should be fixed immediately.

11 Likes

Major support, why have an appeal period if you’re going to release the users assets immediately?

Especially now adays where almost all developers have their games hosted in a group, with all of the income going to the group, this is something that should seriously be changed ASAP.

At the very least, give them the appeal period to keep ownership.

8 Likes

This is ridiculous. Groups are not something you inherit when someone gets terminated. The group has a rightful owner and roblox has no place redistributing the group, no matter what happens to the owner.

9 Likes

Well the other side to that is a group becoming useless once the owner is banned. It should have some way to transfer owner/be reclaimed but not by opening it to the fastest clicker.

3 Likes

you know what is every more ridiculous? having almost 2k USD stolen from you
roblox should either lock group ownership or hand down the group to the next highest ranking member

having that much money be stolen that easily is unacceptable

10 Likes

It is more of a way to keep random users from claiming the group, this way the terminated owner doesn’t have to worry if it was someone that they know or trust.

2 Likes

Why not just don’t give it to anyone?

8 Likes

I think terminated users should get to keep their groups, unless they have been fully terminated, meaning their appeal was declined.

1 Like

I agree, I’ve gotten my account back after being falsely deleted but I couldn’t get all my group name snipes back. I don’t think they should be given away at all though, it’s basically a lottery after a user is deleted where you can claim a group potentially worth millions

3 Likes

It ALREADY happened to me.

4 Likes

I really like the idea of a succession system, but that would be vulnerable in malicious infiltration situations. If someone were to target a specific group owner, somehow get them terminated/hack their account and make them leave; they would be able to look at the name of the successor and hack them as well. It’s a very low chance of this happening, but I like these odds rather than what’s going on right now with the “up-for-grabs” problems terminated devs are dealing with right now after the plugin fiasco.

1 Like

Sometimes I’ll use assets derived from the Unity Asset Store, which are subject to a licensing agreement. An excerpt from this agreement says:

You agree that you will not, and will not allow any third party to,
(i) copy, sell, license, distribute, transfer, modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Unity Asset Store or the Assets, unless otherwise permitted

Assuming I am understanding the agreement properly - while it’s unlikely that I’ll get in trouble with Unity and/or an asset author should something like this happen, it is irritating that I’m forced into potentially breaking the ToS by using the group features.

4 Likes

What does Unity Asset Store have to do with Roblox groups :\

If someone takes ownership of my group due to an incorrect account termination, they also have access to all content uploaded to the group - for me this includes some assets governed by a separate ToS

4 Likes

Ohh that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Using groups for development purposes is like using VIP t-shirts before we had gamepasses.

The t-shirt feature Roblox added long ago had no intention of developers using it to sell special access to their games. (VIP t-shirts from 2008 to 2012) When Roblox caught on that the UGC of their platform’s game experiences were making more money than selling gear and hats in their catalog, they gave us gamepasses and then dev products.

Now, we need to make a lot of noise that we want secure places for our team developments to be stored. Modern features for Roblox groups for the purposes of running full on E-companies are usable like a t-shirt was somewhat usable for special access to a game, but it can be so much better.

7 Likes