Termination & impact on groups

I uploaded a decal with unreadable usernames and came back to a temp-banned account with the message like:
"Don't break the rules, we are not afraid to terminate your account!"

I don’t trust the banning system one bit, there needs to be securities in place so that a single employe can’t ruin another mans lifework just like that.

14 Likes

This is a stupidly old thread, and I have not been on Roblox in two years, but since this reply sent me an email notification why not?

I did not think at that time the banning system was one bit fair, but I made an educated guess towards the possibility of this being implemented. Seeing as this is still an issue, I suppose I made the correct guess?

From an outsiders perspective (and honestly: someone who doesn’t care much about the platform anymore), it seems the bigger issue is that at one hand the audience is kids, who they want to give some sort of educational values and experience in coding etc. But on the other hand, they’re a company that needs and wants to make money. Mixing those two up, and you get a reasonably popular platform with a very limited set of tools. Well, if they want to grow even further I have this 24 second video for them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhh_GeBPOhs

2 Likes

When a user gets terminated just lock the darn group, it really isn’t that hard to comprehend.

2 Likes

Can concur with many people here. I’ve lost thousands of Robux which I’m no longer able to make (trying to find work and ways to make Robux now that I’m pretty much in the ground) because of issues like this.

I’ve said before that groups are a valuable part of the user experience but they aren’t given enough attention. Groups should not just be dropped if an account is terminated as there is great damage left to the person if they’re able to return; we’re talking about careers on the line for those who use Roblox as a tertiary, secondary or even primary source of income. Thousands of real life dollars can be lost as well as days, weeks, months, years of effort all to one ban and the fastest clicker can obtain all that. It’s not fair that a developer who works endlessly to make cash and games suffers while some randomer can snag everything up with the click of a button. I’ve seen it happen countless times and it’s sickening.

11 Likes