Terrain Sides Too Flat?

Hey Devs! I have made 2 terrains. One “under” the water. (The bottom half is hidden by water) and one is a floating island. The question is. Is this too STRAIGHT? If you look at the side of the terrain, it’s as flat as a brick wall… should I leave it like that?

1 Like

Could you provide a clearer image? It’s hard to answer your question when the majority of the image is blurred.

4 Likes

As mentioned by @anon15376421 can you provide a clearer image without the UI and the blurry lighting.

1 Like

get some windshield wipers on that gui

2 Likes

Wiped for you by Roblox Cleaning Products

As you can see… the island’s sides are F L A T. Is it TOOOOOO flat? Or is it okay to be seen to the public? Should I make it more curved?

1 Like

You should make it SLIGHTY more curved, but other than that, it looks perfect!

1 Like

Yes, it’s unrealistically flat. Try using the erosion tool to create more realistic curves.

1 Like

Yea curve it slightly

Doesn’t look nice having a straight drop like that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Make it curvy (lol) so that the island doesn’t look too artificial.

2 Likes

Curve the land with the erosion tool. If it looks too steep, you can use the smooth tool to fix that. You can paint the bottom with different types of rock to make it unique. Otherwise, it looks great.

1 Like

Yes you should curve it. A flat edge looks unrealistic.
Also is the player nearsighted or something? The depth of field is wayyyyyy too intense

1 Like

It looks like the terrain was made by using the terrain generator. And yes, the sides are very flat compared to what a normal island would look like.

1 Like

I kinda like it, gives you a real sense of drop off. You could make it more curved though, it depends on your preferences. One question you could ask yourself would be: are players going to be seeing this side on a daily basis? If they are, then you might want to do some fine tuning to make the side look as nice as possible.

1 Like

Collision not working properly in mesh - Help and Feedback / Building Support - DevForum | Roblox

Updated terrain.

The first thing that I want to say is it would be better to lower down the size of blur it does add to the look of the game but I personally think too much is good. And for your question try making the wall more realistic, with curves and other stuff, you can make it more realistic by using the smooth tool in the editor, it will help. Try doing that and let me know how it turned out :smile:

1 Like

We are actually switching to low-poly islands so, :sweat_smile:. If you want, you can see our latest ‘terrain problem’ Collision not working properly in mesh - Help and Feedback / Building Support - DevForum | Roblox!

1 Like