Terrain Tool Beta: QOL Improvements

Add a mountain tool! Making mountains is such a hassle. We had one like wayyyy back in 2012 and it was awesome, but it got lost in translation somewhere.

8 Likes

Throw a 0.95 transparent neon glass part inside your boat above the water line.

28 Likes

but what does that do to the boat?

3 Likes

It makes the water invisible, that way it looks like the boat isn’t full of water.

3 Likes

Finally! I am quite hyped for this update not sure if anyone else is!

2 Likes

They’re already working on that.

2 Likes

That works to an extent, Also it wasn’t neon but glass. 0.95 was still noticeable so I instead did 0.999

Still would be a lot cooler if this was a built-in function for terrain.

25 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this for a long time, it’s been a pain and it finally we get it fixed! :pray:

I’ve had to remove it manually with the remove tool as it went through sometimes but now I’ve been saved.

2 Likes

there is a glitch with the glass material, if you put a glass part inside of the watter with 99,9 transparenci or something close to that, the water become not visible when looking trought the glass.
so you can use this glitch to make water not visible inside of the boat.

edit, i just saw now that asimo told abbout neon, i dint know that neon also works.

4 Likes

That, and we need to make unanchored parts react with waves, agree?

7 Likes

Do you mean a built-in dynamic buoyancy system? That’d be a great addition as well.

7 Likes

Investigating the smooth tool is on our list. Shorelines (water blending) are also on the list. I’m going to hold off any comments about timing, just because we won’t know how hard the fixes are until we investigate, and we have some other, higher-priority things happening.

12 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! We have some things planned I think you will like.

7 Likes

Thanks! I’ll be sure to use that if I ever need to “build a boat” (haha) in future. But why can’t you use 1 transparency?

1 Like

They are already doing this, it’s in a separate build rn though. But what would be amazing is adding custom materials via Materials Service, which has been requested recently. I hope someday we’ll see that day when we can upload our own materials.

1 Like

Because that would make it I completely invisible, which would remove the glass effect entirely.

4 Likes

I remember when the terrain tool was so simple a 5 year old could do it. but at least we can do a lot of stuff that was originally too advanced for the terrain tool back then.

1 Like

The boat stuff would be pretty cool, but wouldn’t that mean water would need to be revamped overall?

1 Like

I’d assume so but water is in a much needed revamp. It currently Lacks tons of much needed features

4 Likes

I wish we could enable a quality 11 option where the terrain would get twice the resolution :flushed:

1 Like