Terrible mouse sensitivity bugs within Studio

Going from 1000 to 500 is not noticeable and won’t affect you any way. It will just make it look like you have like 20% higher DPI, just turn your DPI down a bit after decreasing your polling rate.

There is no sesisable difference between a mouse that checks it’s position 1000 times a second and one that checks 500 times each second.

This is contradicting, but I know what you mean. I would still prefer the highest refresh rate available to ensure the best accuracy and reliability, though. Just think of playing FPS games on roblox.

how do I turn down my mouse polling rate?

It wouldn’t be that hard though. My mouse has two specific buttons in the top for this case, one going down and one up.

Depends on what mouse you have and if it has software to customize it or not.

something I noticed about this is that the sensitivity scales off of frames per second. weird.

1 Like

I’m also getting this issue, when using parsec.

I get this issue all the time. Roblox is trash for never fixing this bug.

1 Like

This bug has appeared on and off for literally 2~ years for me.

Powering Imagination.

1 Like

2 years!?!?

That’s insanely long for a bug fix. Manually fixing the bug is quite annoying especially when it appears again after fixing it. I found 2 fixes, but it’ll go back to the bug again and won’t work when doing the same fix again. Only work once after you find a fix, for me.

2 Likes

This issue continues to persist outside of Studio. Most games are literally unplayable.

We’re going through the process of assigning a lot of these older tickets. I took a look and am no longer able to reproduce this issue in Studio. It seems to work fine both on Windows and on Mac. There is also a “Camera Sensitivity” setting in the settings menu for the Roblox client which lets you slow down or speed up the rate at which your camera rotates.

If you’re still encountering this issue, please let me know. For now I’ll mark this as fixed.

1 Like

Suffering from this issue, making studio completely inoperable, however the issue subsides to a ‘jaggy’ camera movement when attempting to record in the editor, however continues whilst play testing a game, with the camera snapping to behind my character when rotating.

RobloxStudioBeta_4faGrbtaIs
Still experiencing this issue. This is just me holding right click and dragging the camera view around, my mouse won’t stay in one place.

1 Like

I’m also having a problem similar to this. When panning, the mouse flickers ahead of the pan location:

ScreenRecording2024-08-02at4.01.00PM-ezgif.com-optimize

There is also very significant mouse input lag. For example, when quickly moving the mouse between two points, there is about a 200 ms delay for the mouse to actually move. When the mouse does move, it moves a ton slower than the actual input (i.e. I move the mouse in about 20 ms, it takes 100-200 ms for the mouse to actually move across the screen to the new position). (This makes me think maybe the inputs are getting backlogged.)

The mouse inputs also appear very stuttery: when moving the character+camera with the keyboard in a playtest, the frame rate is normal, but moving the camera with the mouse is very choppy. (This happens both in and out of playtest in studio.)

It only seems to happen on my monitor, but it doesn’t matter how big or small the viewport is on the display.

Every other application works regularly. I disabled all plugins and reset my studio preferences from the command line.

Details:
M1 Macbook
8/2/24 for at least the past few days

Possibly Related:

2 Likes

Disabling Rivatuner or setting it to ignore ROBLOX Studio reduces the input lag, but the mouse jitters stay.

I am having the mouse jitter issue however sometimes it goes out of the view port (In video I was holding right click the whole time).
Very annoying when trying to build in studio. Also happens in game as well.

1 Like