Testing local clients is broken! Let me show you how

So I need to play test my game on 2 local players to see how it works and looks. I started a test and waited until my clients had loaded. This is when my problems started arising. I noticed error logs coming from roblox’s CoreGui which was out of the blue. All I did to make this happen was start a local play test on 2 clients. (My game I’m working on is pretty much a empty baseplate).

The error logs:

My system information:

My Enabled Beta Features:

• Assistant Preview
  • EditableImage and EditableMesh
  • Face Capture
  • Live Animation Editor
  • Material Generator
  • Multilayer Wrap Fix
  • Notched Screen Support
  • Path2D Instance
  • Updated Roblox Controls (Still happens with this disabled, I’ve disabled this now since my client testing is faster without the new CoreGui)

Expected behavior

Well I expected to have a simple test which I could complete and evaluate what I need to develop on.

1 Like

I am unable to reproduce this. Would you be able to share the place file you are using? It sounds like it is not quite the standard baseplate.

2 Likes

There may be a problem with the connection, loading both players and a server could put strain on the Internet connection, this may cause things to load incorrectly and cause these errors. I’m not completely sure but I tend to get problems when testing locally aswell.

3 Likes

I’ve done a little bit of experimenting and it might be some form of issue for me since I tried it on a new standard baseplate with nothing added and it keeps doing it. It could be from my plugins however I have no clue which ones could be causing it. If it’s not my plugins than something else is causing it.

1 Like

I have seen these exact errors when my computer takes way too long to load the player in.

I’ve been having the same frustrating issue for the past two weeks and I have two issues:

1. Roughly estimated I feel like 30-50% the client fails loading and I have to manually close the window and load in another client that hopefully works. Spitting out the same errors as in the OP’s screenshot.
  2. Sometimes it will launch 2-3 player/client windows even though I have specified only one client to start(using it for emulation and testing purchases).

This has significantly degraded my developer experience to the point where it takes me minutes just to get it running once so I can test a feature and then close it within 10 seconds. :skull:

Edit: I don’t have any test features enabled and my only plugin installed is Rojo.