Text formatting game pages

Hey folks,

Recently I’ve been trying to write an in-depth description for my game and have found that when it is saved and shown on the game page it can become very overwhelming; there is nothing to break up the text into short and easy to read chunks.

I think that allowing users to format text in their game descriptions would really help with this. If this were added it would give developers or publishers the ability to add a professional flair to their page and would also give a more inviting look that could potentially drive up the places visits.

Current:

Formatted:

Many thanks,
Richard.

81 Likes

HEYYYYY

First I’m happy to see you there!

And I really support this idea ahah :wink:

1 Like

Definitely. Would be very useful. Welcome by the way.

3 Likes

Ah, I’ve seen your stuff on Twitter! Happy to see you here.

Yeah, having markdown options for game pages would be awesome. Even if just a few options were given, like headers, bold, italics, and lists.

2 Likes

Bold text really does make a description look a lot more organized

2 Likes

Markdown would be nice, yeah.

3 Likes

If markdown was accessible, it would be a great touch

1 Like

This would be so helpful to new users reading at a glance! I’m all in on this.

2 Likes

This would allow descriptions to be so much more useful, support!

1 Like

Would be really helpful. Support.

1 Like

I’d love for site-wide markdown support, not just in game descriptions. Much support for this.

2 Likes

I strongly support this, not only will it allow users to be more creative in the way they style descriptions, it will add that extra sense of professionalism and structure to a vital part of assets users create, the description.

3 Likes

Such a shame this still is not a thing, yet most other services on the internet do offer markdown or rich text editing. Allowing for markdown and easy emoji and emoticon use would be amazing, it would allow for experience descriptions AND titles to be given clarity, such as having paragraph / section subheadings in bold, or key words underlined, or context in italics. Would also be nice to be able to separate the actual game name from update info or development status, ie beta or update 3 / snow update etc.

I fully agree that markdown should be site wide too, rather than just for experience descriptions or titles. Would be amazing to allow asset descriptions and even just normal user chat and group walls these same features.

2 Likes

I think would be a good addition to the platform to make things in your description stick out instead of using emojis.

I do think some types of formatting shouldn’t be done but thats all I ‘disagree’ and ‘agree’ on with this post

1 Like

I think Markdown support would be cool, maybe not just for game descriptions but user, groups, etc.

1 Like

I absolutely hate the use of emojis ngl, it looks so childish because of the misuse of them and because more sensible colour palletes don’t really exist for them.