Text Padding for UI Elements

When TextScaled is enabled, some text is larger than other text. This makes the entire UI look bad. Can we get some sort of padding to adjust text so that it fits nicely in a text elements?

What I’m talking about:

8 Likes

The ability to set a max font size and a min font size for TextScaled would be amazing as well.

6 Likes

I think they’re already working on this, the 9-slice GUI update that was posted on the trello board linked too an article. Which I believe is making it a bit more like HTML padding, etc.
Read about it

1 Like

You’re using textscaled but you don’t want your text to be different sizes

???

2 Likes

[quote] You’re using textscaled but you don’t want your text to be different sizes

??? [/quote]
I think he means too have it so it doesn’t put the text right at the edge of the GUI.

1 Like

[quote] You’re using textscaled but you don’t want your text to be different sizes

??? [/quote]

I see your point, but I think he might be referring to the fact that when text gets scaled it doesn’t completely fit inside the gui.

Edit: Semaphorism beat me to it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This would be nice, but for now you can just create another text label with a transparent background inside the colored text label and set it’s size to (1,-10,0,1,-10) and position (0,5,0,5) to give the appropriate padding to the text. Definitely not as quick as a single property though.

1 Like

??? [/quote]

I want the text to be different sizes. What I’m trying to say is that there should be a way to adjust the scaling of the text so that it’s not crammed against the side.

Create a new textlabel, put inside your button

make its size:
{1, -10} {1, -10}

position:
{0, 5} {0, 5}

Make its ZIndex 1 higher than the button you’re putting it in
Make its background transparent

place your text inside

1 Like

I know this post is over two years old, but it would be awesome for there to be a text padding property for UI text objects!

I am actually quite surprised that this isn’t already a property for text labels, buttons, and inputs yet.

10 Likes

I also know this topic is more than 5 years old but, man is it tedious to have to use another UI to add padding in another UI, every single time.

It would be so much quicker with just a property!

4 Likes