TextScaled property of RobloxRoundButton is broken

Not a huge thing but I noticed that I can’t read the text on my robloxroundbutttons anymore. The normal text shows up fine but when I check the TextScaled property on it, it becomes really hard to read.

I noticed it yesterday and I hadn’t changed the buttons in a while so I think its a roblox update. Custom buttons are still fine so I might switch over but I like how these fit in the UI I’m working on. Is anyone experiencing something similar, or is there a fix I need to implement on my end? image

6 Likes

Hi @iamnoamesa - thank you for the bug report! I’ve tried reproducing your issue using the following steps:

1. Open baseplate level.
  2. Create a ScreenGui.
  3. Under ScreenGui, create a TextButton.
  4. In the TextButton properties, select “RobloxRoundButton” for the Style property.
  5. In the TextButton properties, toggle the TextScaled property on/off.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to reproduce this issue - I also tried playing around with the value of the Text itself and the TextSize, but still couldn’t repro the issue.

Would you be able to share a place file that shows the issue, or provide a list of steps/video to help repro this issue?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi! Sorry for not getting back, just saw the reply.

Not sure why it isn’t reproducing for you but my studio and joining the private game shows the text as tiny. I took one of the buttons and put it alone in the baseplate here, does the text look normal to you when you open it? It has textscaled but it scales super small for some reason.

It might be a studio setting I have toggled thats now bugging out. Broken Text.rbxl (21.3 KB)

Just edited to remove sensitive code I forgot to remove.

1 Like

Hi @iamnoamesa! Thanks for attaching the place file, I’ll take a look.

Hi @iamnoamesa - thanks for the place file, that was a big help! I’m able to reproduce the issue now. It seems to be an issue related to using scaling values for position/size/anchor point in conjunction with the TextScaled property and the RobloxRoundDefaultButton styling.

It may take some time to push out a fix for this, so you may want to consider workarounds in the interim. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks again so much for reporting this issue! :pray:

1 Like

This problem is happening for me too, I discovered that the smaller the screen, the smaller the text, making it almost impossible for mobile users to read the text.

Any news on when a fix for this might be coming out?

Similar thing is happening to me but is however fixing it self when I change the visible property, almost as if it is refreshing.

https://gyazo.com/0150c8438487db38fccf627a0c73d39a

This also happens in game to random Text Labels when I change the size of the client Windows.

https://gyazo.com/107244f44e31f725f495792085ee72d5

Note that every Frame and Text Label has the exact same Size values in those gifs, it is just for some reason happening at random.

Bump.
I confirm the bug is still happening, even more than a year after the report. A fix would be appreciated.

1 Like

I can confirm this bug as well.

On Computer screen, a button with RobloxRoundDefault style (and TextScaled):

Same button on Mobile:

The text is unreadable. It isn’t anywhere near the outside boundaries of the button. This is also happening with the RobloxButton style.

It isn’t that the textscaled property that is broken, it is the box boundaries that seem to be broken. I inserted a textlabel, scaled it to a size of {1,0},{1,0}, and as you can see it takes up very little of the actual box size.

@homermafia1, that’s pretty funny, I was just considering posting :joy:

To those needing a quick solution:

Here are two images I created, that replicate the RobloxRoundDefault style and RobloxDefault style. Create an image button with them, then insert a textlabel, and turn textscaled on. This will give you an accurately scaled button.

Ralated to this one. It’s fixed in new servers.

I still have the problem though

1 Like

^^ same issue if you type something into the textbox then the text wont be scaled even tho TextScaled is on

(game is copyable so you can try it out) issue is only on mobile (the issue won’t be replicated on studio)

1 Like