Texture clipping through itself. Help?

does anyone know how to make it so the texture isn’t constantly clipping through one another? [see below video]

These are known as depth sorting errors. Using a SurfaceAppearance object inside your MeshPart will likely fix the issue.

If you’re using a texture, add the TextureId to the ColorMap property, and setting the SurfaceAppearance’s AlphaMode to Transparency.

4 Likes

oh i see! and is there any way to get rid of that super pixelated look after you do that?image

Can we see the texture? And what resolution did you upload it at?

1 Like

i found out that setting the material to forcefield helped a LOT it looks the same as before :ooo

but the texture was at 500 x 500,
leaf

Can we also see your UV?

It feels like you’re using a lot of redundant space in your texture that’d be better allocated to additional detail, or leaf variants.

You should also consider using foliage sheets instead. Basically what you have there, but grouped into larger chunks of foliage.

For example, here’s a foliage sheet I made a little while ago.

Here’s the tree.

And here’s how I’ve allocated the UV.

This texture is uploaded at 1024x (typically you should upload files at multiples of 8 by the way, so 8x, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc) but that’s ok because I can use it for multiple assets, which is one of the main reasons it’s an industry-standard workflow :slight_smile:

2 Likes