Texturebox — Textures you love in one place!

Support Texturebox by translating it! :writing_hand:

We are looking for translators to help localize Texturebox for multiple countries. Your support will be very much appreciated.

This is for an upcoming major update to come.

1 Like

New branding, news topic, and preparations for first major update :exclamation:

1. We got a new logo! :partying_face:

With Texturebox blowing up on usage I felt like I could modernize the appearance for the plugin. This will now be our new branding moving forward.

1. News Topic

To make sure we don’t bump the main topic THAT often we will now be having a Bulletin Board for updates.

Please make sure to set this topic as watching to get new Package Deliveries, minor updates, and bug fixes announcements there.

1. Preparations for first major update

We will soon be receiving our first major update containing a UI rework, favorite textures being displayed on top of Library Box, new features with My Box, and our first Premium Edition of Texturebox for those who wants the best of My Box.

This update with be released sometime this weekend and in the following week so watch out for that.

Thank you for your amazing support on Texturebox and that we can improve as time goes on :heart:

Install

with Roblox Plugin Marketplace

with itch.io

2 Likes

First Major Update! :partying_face:

We have officially released our first major update for Texturebox, and with it some new stuff are popping.

Texturebox Localized

You can now select other languages to use on Texturebox! This way we can apply it to many more users.

Favorites and New UI

Keep your favorite textures on top of your Library Box.

Information about our new Premium Texturebox

Texturebox: Wood Edition will be releasing at the start of April including special features design to further enhance developing with Texturebox.

5 Likes

Package Delivery! :package:

For today, these are the new textures:

Please note that if you opened Texturebox as the time of posting this post you might have to wait up to an hour to update the registry.

Install

with Roblox Plugin Marketplace

with itch.io

Studio Featuring

If you have a somewhat influential studio on Roblox and you use Texturebox we would love to feature you in our dev forum post. Just shoot me a DM and you can tell me all about it.

Hi! I alredy made a pbr texture pack, Idk if this can hlep you to updated your plugin, wich I’ll try soon! looks good

1 Like

Hey! Thats great. We have our texture registry that you can definitely take a look on how to contribute yourself.

Or you can use those with My Box locally :slight_smile:

I’ve opened up a pull request to downscale the banner image on the registry’s README:

I’ve translated it to Russian :grin:
(Didnt mean to reply to @HarukaHenn)

Im not the creator of Texturebox. Ask @imacodr instead.

Thanks for the contribution! I will be adding that language support on the next update :wink:

1 Like

Community Announcement

Hey everyone! Its been some time since I actually did a proper update on Texturebox and I just wanted to let you know that I have some pretty cool things cooking for the next major update of Texturebox. :slight_smile:

I also wanted to thank you all for 270 downloads and that we can improve a lot.

1 Like

Nice, hope it comes out soon! I already like your plugin because it’s really useful to me, it makes it much more easier to create beautiful buildings for my games. (I’m terrible at building so it helps a lot lol).

1 Like

I installed your plugin after reading all the great reviews. Immediately after installing, I found that this plugin is not that great and needs to be improved a whole lot. Here are my suggestions:

• Add More Textures! There aren’t that many textures in the plugin and although they are decent, there should be way more if you want this plugin to be widely-used.

• Fix the UI! This plugin’s UI sucks. I mean, the text labels are SO SMALL that it’s incredibly difficult to read them. Also, the UI is poorly made. It doesn’t fit/resize properly.

This plugin currently isn’t the best and has a lot of room for improvement. It’s still a useful plugin, but if you make these changes, the plugin will be 10x better. Thank you.

That is why I created the Texturebox Registry that people can contribute to the textures in the library. I myself add textures time to time, but I also leave to people that want to improve it

Mhm. I can agree that the UI is not the greatest and with this new major update I plan to fully revamp it. The way I structured when I released it wasn’t that good and I plan on creating a better UI for better UX.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I beat you to it here by 10 days lol.

Either way, this sounds like a pretty cool plugin for finding more textures, might download it myself.

May I point out a minor UI annoyance though (that’s if the UI hasn’t changed from the screenshot provided):

It would be appreciated if you could add UIPadding to the search TextBox.

Mhm lots of great feedback. The UI for the plugin was created first just to be a really just do it since I didn’t even expect the plugin to even get that popular. With that I am working hard on improving more and more.

(Also sorry about yours I didn’t even know it :grimacing:)

1 Like

The plugin is really good. So, my suggestions to make it even better:

• You said the new UI is in the making so that’s covered. But try adding folders + able to copy color/normalmap/roughnessmap IDs. And maybe if possible, so you can rotate the preview material (you’d also need to use viewport frames so maybe it wouldn’t work with your current setup)
  • And PLEZPLEZPLEZ add material variant inserter too! Plzzz! It’d save the work of having to get the color maps from a surface and paste them on the material variant instance ← just add support for the new MaterialService

That’s all! This is very very promising, I expect great things from this plugin. It helps a lot to have new materials (SPECIALLY the new MaterialService)

:+1: I’ll add it to the works.

1 Like

This sounds awesome! I will surely check it out, Keep up the good work!

Welp Roblox has just added a lot of the features from Texturebox as a native feature in Studio.

I still want to know from the community if I did continue working on Texturebox 2.0 you would use it?

3 Likes