Texturebox — Textures you love in one place!

I’ve translated it to Russian :grin:
(Didnt mean to reply to @HarukaHenn)

Im not the creator of Texturebox. Ask @imacodr instead.

Thanks for the contribution! I will be adding that language support on the next update :wink:

1 Like

Community Announcement

Hey everyone! Its been some time since I actually did a proper update on Texturebox and I just wanted to let you know that I have some pretty cool things cooking for the next major update of Texturebox. :slight_smile:

I also wanted to thank you all for 270 downloads and that we can improve a lot.

1 Like

Nice, hope it comes out soon! I already like your plugin because it’s really useful to me, it makes it much more easier to create beautiful buildings for my games. (I’m terrible at building so it helps a lot lol).

1 Like

I installed your plugin after reading all the great reviews. Immediately after installing, I found that this plugin is not that great and needs to be improved a whole lot. Here are my suggestions:

• Add More Textures! There aren’t that many textures in the plugin and although they are decent, there should be way more if you want this plugin to be widely-used.

• Fix the UI! This plugin’s UI sucks. I mean, the text labels are SO SMALL that it’s incredibly difficult to read them. Also, the UI is poorly made. It doesn’t fit/resize properly.

This plugin currently isn’t the best and has a lot of room for improvement. It’s still a useful plugin, but if you make these changes, the plugin will be 10x better. Thank you.

That is why I created the Texturebox Registry that people can contribute to the textures in the library. I myself add textures time to time, but I also leave to people that want to improve it

Mhm. I can agree that the UI is not the greatest and with this new major update I plan to fully revamp it. The way I structured when I released it wasn’t that good and I plan on creating a better UI for better UX.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I beat you to it here by 10 days lol.

Either way, this sounds like a pretty cool plugin for finding more textures, might download it myself.

May I point out a minor UI annoyance though (that’s if the UI hasn’t changed from the screenshot provided):

It would be appreciated if you could add UIPadding to the search TextBox.

Mhm lots of great feedback. The UI for the plugin was created first just to be a really just do it since I didn’t even expect the plugin to even get that popular. With that I am working hard on improving more and more.

(Also sorry about yours I didn’t even know it :grimacing:)

1 Like

The plugin is really good. So, my suggestions to make it even better:

• You said the new UI is in the making so that’s covered. But try adding folders + able to copy color/normalmap/roughnessmap IDs. And maybe if possible, so you can rotate the preview material (you’d also need to use viewport frames so maybe it wouldn’t work with your current setup)
  • And PLEZPLEZPLEZ add material variant inserter too! Plzzz! It’d save the work of having to get the color maps from a surface and paste them on the material variant instance ← just add support for the new MaterialService

That’s all! This is very very promising, I expect great things from this plugin. It helps a lot to have new materials (SPECIALLY the new MaterialService)

:+1: I’ll add it to the works.

1 Like

This sounds awesome! I will surely check it out, Keep up the good work!

Welp Roblox has just added a lot of the features from Texturebox as a native feature in Studio.

I still want to know from the community if I did continue working on Texturebox 2.0 you would use it?

3 Likes