The application encountered an unrecoverable error

Attempting to join a Experience via the web browser results in Roblox crashing after the initial loading popup. Currently, I can only play Roblox through the windows store client which has multiple issues.

From what I can gather, It seems like something is triggering Hyperion and inducing a crash.

A full list of things I have tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox (including deleting all related Roblox files and folders on my computer)
  • Turning off all Anti-Virus features and all Windows Firewall settings
  • Changing DNS
  • Clearing out the Temp folder found in AppData
  • Updating drivers
  • Clean boot procedure
  • Starting Windows in safe mode with networking and attempting to join a game

No different results occurred throughout my entire troubleshooting phase and Roblox simply alternated between two different error messages:

1. The application encountered an unrecoverable error.
  2. An unexpected error occurred and Roblox needs to quit. We're sorry!

Replication Steps:
Joining any experience via the web browser.

Note about my computer:

• Using the Microsoft Edge with multiple extensions
  • Fresh install of Roblox (running on the Production branch I believe)
  • Running Windows 11
  • Intel(R) Core™ i5-3570S CPU @ 3.10GHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce 310 Msi 2GB Vram
  • 14GB Ram DDR3
8 Likes

Hello GMNau,

Thank you for contacting us. Please follow Strategy Three, outlined here, to obtain a full crash dump and forward it to us. With a full crash dump, we will be able to diagnose the root cause of the issue you are experiencing.

2 Likes
1 Like

Hello again GMNau,

Thank you for sharing the crash dump. After analyzing it, it seems to suggest that you are running the Roblox Player within a Virtual Machine. VMs are currently blocked, leading Hyperion to forcefully crash the process.

Hello Bitdancer,

Any idea how to make it enable and any solution that can fix this.

1 Like

Do not run Roblox within a virtual machine. If you are not currently using a virtual machine, you can try accessing the BIOS settings and disabling virtualization.

2 Likes

Hello Bitdancer,

I’ll just wanna say Thank you thanks for fixing my problem i been not playing roblox since the AntiCheat Update.

Thanks Again!

Nau,

2 Likes

Hello GMNau,

I’m glad to hear that everything is working out for you, and you can now enjoy playing Roblox again. If you encounter any other issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.