The Beta Program topic on forum should be closed?

So I am very perplexed about this topic entirely. It’s already been over several months without closures nor any changes to this topic.

This topic would definitely be closed in order to reduce noise, but also not be misleading for anyone who would like to enable beta features. I certainly cannot see any similar threads that expands over 2022, nor any messages, indications nor explications of a closure of this.

Is it truly over(for opting in the beta) where it continued more openly which does not require a topic to opt in? Or am I mistaken here?

9 Likes

I might be wrong but I feel like the beta program got substituted by this?

1 Like

People who are in the 2021 beta program are now forced to have every single beta feature turned on by default.

This however wasn’t implemented correctly as when a new beta feature gets added you need to disable it, then re-enable it to get the beta feature to actually work which is a bit annoying.

2 Likes

I think that’s the button that appears for beta program though. Does it now appear for everybody regardless of status?

This is not the case, the beta program is for on-site features, not in-experience features, also the beta features option existed before the last set of people were added into the program.

The thing is there are no topics that goes for 2022. I wonder what could be the reason on why the topic turned stale and had no closures. Maybe that program has ended?

The reason why they actually make a topic every year is because they usually end up hitting the maximum replies on a single topic limit, they haven’t hit it yet on the 2021 topic.

Not necessarily. Studio and the Player/website coincide with each other a lot to the point where studio settings can affect your client which is why they get installed together and you can’t really run Roblox without the other. I flipped the studio beta flag on a work related alt and I had access to whatever was left of the website beta.

Overall, it feels like they just discontinued it in favor of forcing AB testing onto people.

1 Like

So you can’t really get in the beta program in 2022?

I’ve never had the beta channel fully enabled for me and I’ve been here a while so I wonder what happened there.

I honestly think whoever was in charge of managing the program just stopped, similar to the QA Program

2 Likes

Handling of responses on this topic has been on a hiatus because of scaling issues. Self-service adding/removing will return in the future.

9 Likes

I know this isn’t fully related but will we ever see the return of the Post approval system or something similar

The Lounge category isn’t really that active anymore due to there not be any new regulars

1 Like

This is quite off-topic here; I recommend looking over my recent Activity. I replied to some other posts that have to do with trust level mechanisms and restricted categories that might interest you.

2 Likes