The Big Bubble Chat Rework

When I have just the bubblechat enabled, it won’t let me chat at all. How do I fix this issue?

Make sure all of these settings are enabled:

LoadDefaultChat no longer applies since the bubble chat is no longer part from the Lua Chat System.

@jrelvas So it is impossible to use only bubblechat?

The chat GUI is required to send chats. Editing the ChatSettings module, you will be able to disable ‘ClassicChat’ (the chat history GUI) to only show the chat bar.

3 Likes

I can’t help but notice that this still seems to be a problem. Will this ever be fixed? Sorry if it has been stated that it will be fixed and I missed it or something.

1 Like

Can anybody confirm is this is now a feature? I’ve been scouring the dev forum for ages, and couldn’t find it, and trying to find the script that actually makes the bubble chat led to a dead end?

The solution to either answers would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t know if others have said this, but there is a big issue with the new bubble chat.

The text sometimes gets truncated, so your chat will mid sentence just stop. And you sometimes see the rest on the chat tab/bar on the left, but on the bubble chat above the head the text just gets truncated.

Reproduce: Write a long sentence/chat message.

It’s a big issue with the old bubble chat (and Dialog objects containing text) as well, and remains unfixed.

I never noticed it on the old bubble chat. This is a huge problem nevertheless!!

I don’t know if the developers of bubble chat are aware of this but I occasionally encounter a bug that involves two bubbles of the same message, one at the normal place and one at the Humanoid Root Part of character. I’m sorry but I don’t know how it was produced but if it happens again, I’ll certainly take pics and steps to reproduce it.

I’m glad that Bubble Chat is being worked on; however, the only thing stopping me from using it is this error:image
I am requesting that you allow for Attachments to be a valid parameter to the :Chat() method because they are already valid Adornees for BillboardGuis.

1 Like

Is it possible to remove the “…” on the bubble chat when too far away?

2 Likes

I’d assume you could do this by setting these to a ridiculously high number like math.huge.

2 Likes

Has anyone come up with a method to set customization per-player for this? (Example being something like a group member getting a blue coloured chat bubble), at present I can only see that this applies to all chat bubbles and there isn’t really a way to change how a specific player’s chat bubbles look?

Currently looking into making a custom chat instead, but if possible i’d like to use this one.

Edit: Nevermind, scrolled through and saw that this may be planned for the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I also think that the Inventory/Backpack UI needs a revamp with full customization, like the bubble chat customization features. Currently, there is no way to customize the default inventory UI other than making my own, which is hard to make without bugs.

4 Likes

Is it possible to have Text Transparency and Background Transparency separate? I really want a translucent background, but it also makes the text translucent too.

3 Likes

Please add support for the old bubble chat theme in this rework.

4 Likes

why would they do that though?

1 Like

I understand that this was meant to make the chat feel more “alive” but honestly it feels more flat and sterile than before. The animations are nice and everything, but the old one looked better visually.

4 Likes