The Big Bubble Chat Rework

Had this issue too, I had to revert to the old chat because of it.

I think the chat system filter needs to be fixed. Some games having it take a few seconds for the message to filtered or doesn’t filter at all.

Here’s a picture from my friend.
This picture includes cussing, you’ve been warned.

Picture

2 Likes

This is Really Cool!

In the past, enabling Bubble Chat was a bit difficult, but with the update it’s now easier.

But For Cell Phones And Tablets Not Yet Released, I Hope To Be Released Soon So Those Who Use Phones And Tablets Can Feel This New Feature!

Has this update rolled out to everyone yet? We had to remove it from our game since mobile users didn’t see anything.

You need to filter every string as per Roblox’s TOS. If you unfilter any string, even if they are above 13, your game may be subject to Roblox moderation. Don’t do this in a game

1 Like

Hi I found another problem, bubble chat is behind the billboard gui.
@Chocopain

1 Like

I would personally like the player to recieve a new setting on their player object like:
Player.BubbleChatCustomColor
Player.BubbleChatCustomFont
Player.BubbleChatCustomBackgroundColor

That way we can adjust them per player on the server, the old script was easilly forkable so I was able to do this myself but if this is locked it would be nice to have this alternative.

2 Likes

Is AlwaysOnTop true on the BillboardGui?

2 Likes

Is it possible to change background colors for specific users?

2 Likes

Just wanted to throw an update here: this feature is now supported on 100% of mobile devices, there is no need to wrap calls to SetBubbleChatSettings in a pcall anymore.

8 Likes

Will there be future changes to the bubble chat, such as extra settings being provided down the line?

Something I’d like to see is an optional per-player override for the bubble chat, so different users can have different styles if the developer permits/implements it.

2 Likes

Word filtering should be automatically enabled as this is just a UI bubble chat rework

1 Like

Chat filter api does not appear in studio, but does in actual game. I got confused by this, until i published the game, and it worked.

When I have just the bubblechat enabled, it won’t let me chat at all. How do I fix this issue?

Make sure all of these settings are enabled:

LoadDefaultChat no longer applies since the bubble chat is no longer part from the Lua Chat System.

@jrelvas So it is impossible to use only bubblechat?

The chat GUI is required to send chats. Editing the ChatSettings module, you will be able to disable ‘ClassicChat’ (the chat history GUI) to only show the chat bar.

3 Likes

I can’t help but notice that this still seems to be a problem. Will this ever be fixed? Sorry if it has been stated that it will be fixed and I missed it or something.

1 Like

Can anybody confirm is this is now a feature? I’ve been scouring the dev forum for ages, and couldn’t find it, and trying to find the script that actually makes the bubble chat led to a dead end?

The solution to either answers would be greatly appreciated.