The "Catalog Asset Bugs" category should be renamed

The category

Problem

Back in a time when catalog items were only created by roblox, this name made sense. But lots of UGC Creators are confused about where their reports should go, and they post them here. This leads to reports being undiscovered and major issues to go on for long periods of time.

Solution

Rename it to “Roblox Avatar Item Bugs”, or some similar name.
That would ensure it is clear that it is to report catalog item issues, and not “UGC” or “Catalog Assets in general” bugs.

8 Likes

I’ve adjusted the category of the ~10 incorrectly filed threads I saw in that category to be correct.

I think the name/description of the category is sufficiently clear for now and don’t think adding “Roblox” will make it clearer, since “Roblox” is an ambiguous term that either refers to the platform as a whole or to us as a company, so doesn’t seem like this will really help.

We are planning to restructure the bug report category soon as well to better represent the different parts of Roblox.

5 Likes

@Hooksmith The title of the subcategory is understandable, yet it doesn’t combine with the name of the page as it is now called differently… Could be renamed to “Marketplace Asset Bugs”, couldn’t it?

3 Likes

“Roblox-created” might be a better descriptor than “roblox” in general, as this is the verbiage the description uses.

I guess the expectation should be to read the category description before posting, but it does seem like the correct option based solely on the name when having an issue as a UGC creator.

Appreciate you moving the posts to the correct category!

3 Likes

As mentioned above:

3 Likes

Restructure overall? I genuinely got confused and would like to confirm. Furthermore, if that would be the case, would it be possible to create feature requests (through #forum-help:forum-features) to provide ideas on how it can improvise?

I look forward to seeing these news come true! :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Roblox-Uploaded? Official? Legacy? There are so many words that would specify official items and ~% of ugc creators would post there.

As long as the ‘restructure’ fixes this, I guess it’s fine.

This isn’t really a big enough problem to consider rename and all the alternatives are similarly dissatisfying and not 100% clear. Again as above we are restructuring all the subcategories at a later point so this isn’t worth changing.

Well when you’re done doing that, add a note (in the type-box) stating that it is only for official accessories, and you can go to #wherever to post about UGC

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.