Bug Reporting Updates

Hey @bvetterdays - just followed up on all these. I promise we’re working day in and day out to improve our responsiveness and get these fixed. It’s unacceptable for y’all to file a report, taking the time out to give us input, but not hear anything back. We’ve already massively fixed up this system in the last few months and will continue to do so.

38 Likes

Cheers! On behalf of all of us, we really appreciate it :sweat_smile:

Excited to see the updates y’all have planned for bug reports soon.

24 Likes

Hey, I have two more for you. First one is quite urgent; we were told it would be fixed by now but it hasn’t been. Would highly appreciate an update.

16 Likes

Checking in on these - for the first, looks like an engineer said the fix would be out this week. Looks like someone from staff commented on the second as well. But that report’s only four days old and it might take a bit of time to work things out.

15 Likes

These two names don’t match their subforums, so even after spending time reading the “what to post here” posts on each, the creation wizard didn’t put it in my intended spot.

I think the dropdown could default select the subforum you clicked Report from:

19 Likes

Ever since the catalog asset bugs subcategory was created, there has been some confusion about if it included issues with UGC items. This problem was brought up months ago in this feature request.

Recently, the bug report wizard update created an inconsistency by stating that it does include issues with UGC items. However, the category’s pinned thread still states that it only includes “issues with Roblox-created catalog assets”. If the catalog asset bugs category now includes issues with UGC items, then the pinned thread needs to be updated to reflect this change.

If this was unintentional, I would suggest splitting catalog asset bugs into two categories, one for Roblox-created assets and another for UGC items (similar to how website issues were split).

15 Likes

It appears as if the “Documentation Content” report type doesn’t give you any option to include markdown in your report anymore, this is devastating to any visual issues found in the documentation.

Edit: Reported here

16 Likes

Hello! I think the big drop-down for where the bug reports go is a little bit intimidating. I have run into issues already where I’m really not sure where a bug report actually goes, and cancelled my bug report.
I felt like I wanted an option to say “not sure, sorry” or something?

11 Likes

What were the bugs related to? We do have an “Other” option per category and on its own if you aren’t sure where a report should go:

15 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, will look into this!

14 Likes

Fixed! Thanks again for the feedback~

11 Likes

Ah, I see what’s happening. The Report Bug button is intended to take you to the bug reporting wizard (we don’t currently have a Feature Request-specific wizard). To submit a Feature Request, you’ll need to click into the subcategory and create a New Topic following these instructions

I’ll see if we can make this clearer in a future update

10 Likes

Thanks for catching that. We did merge them intentionally, but I can see how that could be confusing (especially with the mismatched description). I’ll talk with the team and we’ll either make sure to update the category description to match the wizard or revert and keep it as it was.

Curious your perspective, though - both UGC and Roblox items are part of the avatar item catalog, but have you seen or experienced bugs that are distinct enough that we should keep the concepts separate?

13 Likes

From my perspective, Roblox can only fix art issues (scaling, texturing, positioning, etc.) with Roblox-created accessories. These issues with UGC items would have to be fixed by the creator (see this report). Most bugs with UGC items that I’ve seen reported lately have been in regards to uploading bundles and moderation of items.

Examples (most of which have been moved from Catalog Asset Bugs to Website Bugs):

I understand, though, that it would not be practical to split the category if the same team (the Avatar Team I would assume) works on issues with both Roblox-created accessories and UGC items.

12 Likes

Hey, it’s been 12 days and the second and fourth report still haven’t been addressed. I really appreciate your efforts and would love to see an update on these, as both are quite major issues. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

With the “fourth report” are you referring to "Updates" page not listing update stats ?

The reporter of that issue already marked a staff reply as the solution and the thread is locked.

5 Likes

Yup, was hoping you guys could unlock it to allow for a resolution but maybe not. How would I go about getting this issue addressed if this isn’t possible - should I make another bug report?

4 Likes

As you can see that team is already aware of the issue so it’s not needed to file another bug report. Also judging from the response and the nature of the issue, the timeline to expect is now in feature request territory rather than bug report territory. (expect a longer timeline for a fix)

9 Likes

Just out of curiosity, has the team reached a decision about the criteria for the catalog asset bugs subcategory yet?

4 Likes

Updated the category and wizard descriptions to reflect the change. Most of the examples you shared were related to asset moderation - long term, we may move moderation issue reports out of the bug report flow, but it’s the best place to escalate for the time being.

6 Likes