The future of immersive communication on Roblox

Can this be elaborated in the docs? I find them not clear enough on making a copy of the Roblox Connect game.

1 Like

As often as i do, I just scroll to the pictures/videos to not have to read. Yet, I see its a video call like feature. Thus, I skimmed through the text to see its just another way to chat someone on Roblox. Which can be useful to show off your character. Interesting idea.

thank you for being honest but please read announcement posts

1 Like

The problem is Discord and Guilded are far more better, they don’t interfere with DND, Driving or Sleep mode, they don’t require ID and you can’t call banned people!

what is this dawg, only around 7 people will use this

1 Like

You know 99% of people who make and play Roblox games (i ain’t calling “experiences”) don’t care about these stuff, Roblox developers are for making GAMES and Roblox players want to play GAMES, Roblox will be a game platform, not a “metaverse” platform.

If you really REALLY want to do something like this where you want people to talk in a voice call, just integrate Guilded to Roblox, and remember to make Guilded opinional.

We players and developers want to make and play games, not be in some cringy metaverse world.

Plus you do realize your playerbase is full of minors, doing stuff like this is just waste of time.

Same, im phone verified and i still don’t have voice chat perms, maybe its something related to contrary?

3 Likes

There’s a high chance Apple will take down Roblox for this. Especially since it bypasses DND.

5 Likes

Your efforts would have been better used on a global mic system instead of some glorified Face Time.
I can’t see anyone using this in any serious capacity, considering platforms like Discord/Guilded exist. (And do it infinitely better.)

3 Likes

Great, Roblox e-dating is gonna be even more immersive now.

Oh and predators have more tools to work with now.

but seriously, as others said, there are things of way higher importance that you guys should be focusing on instead of features like these that only 5% of the players are going to use.

you could add:

• a customizable voice chat hotkey.
  • add different modes to voice chat (push to talk and open mic).
  • make voice chat scriptable so you could make a walkie talkie system with push to talk for example.

there are a lot of features that need to be added before people are able to integrate voice chat in their games the way they want it.

5 Likes

Is there any option to disable this? I don’t want people calling me on ROBLOX at 3 AM.

2 Likes

Discord gives you the ability to turn off call notifications for when not using the app. I don’t understand why Roblox can’t offer this type of privacy as well.

Lots of 13-17 year olds may get awkward looks from their parents if their phone has Siri’s call announcements enabled and it says “Roblox Video” or something like that.

5 Likes

After doing some investigating, you can listen into other people’s calls. The server has other people with you in it, and it sends your voice out to everyone.

This is anti privacy. You have the moderators listening in on you, and you can have other people, such as exploiters, listen in into the call too.

I will legitimately delete all connections to Roblox, erase my account and my company from Roblox if this continues.

6 Likes

What?! Yeah, this absolutely seals it for me. One, for the information told here and two: that Roblox themselves failed to mention it.

2 Likes

Um maybe because Roblox already did that before it got released…

3 Likes

ooh, this doesn’t look good.

if voice chat already wasn’t enough, we now need to have calls.

this is pretty dissapointing tbh.

2 Likes

Is that an Android device? Because I did hear that the ability to disable calls was available on Android but not anywhere else.

3 Likes

The API is not enabled anymore since yesterday.

1 Like

Your totally wrong there, It is impossible for anyone to get into a reserved server where your calls take place which creates a accessCode that noone has access of and only the game has access to those servers and those servers have a player limit of 2 so no more than 2 players can even join it, so stop spreading false information on Roblox.

you’re basically framing Roblox for something that’s not true.

1 Like

I think I should take a screenshot of a server being full then. This is actually a little funny.

2 Likes

i genuinely just… don’t get the point of this update. tbh, never thought of the idea of “calling people in roblox” and now that its a thing, i dont get its idea.

we already have discord (or guilded too if you use that!) for stuff communications and talking to friends, and to be honest i don’t think anyone actually really cares about seeing someones roblox avatar in a call. i don’t see anything making this immersive at all, this is just having a phone video call but instead of you its just your roblox avatar for some reason. playing a game (yeah i don’t care enough to call them " " " “experiences” " " " ") while talking to someone isn’t anything new if thats a feature with this, 'cause ppl do that all the time with things like discord. if anyone could give me actual proper ideas on why this could be useful, a reply with them would be nice lol.

being honest however, i haven’t tried this yet (mainly cause i don’t really have anyone to do it with and i doubt any of my friends actually care to test this lol), but even then it still feels like just something that was just made to appeal to investors or somethin’. i don’t think most people will actually use this unironically, and it’ll be there as something of a niche little idea ig.

also i gotta say, these updates recently (well its not really been much of a “recently” thing its been happening for a bit now, but it just feels way more common) have been EXTREMELY hit-or-miss on quality and usefulness. like you’ll either get a pretty good feature or small qol feature every now and then right? and then just kinda out of the blue (technically connect was announced a bit ago at rdc but you get what i mean) you get something like this where its like… why?? where did this come from? why is this being done? it gets you really questioning why the idea was even thought of or made. (usually stuff to appear to investors tho)

sorry for the rant btw, i kinda do that a lot of the times now with these updates that have resources that probably should’ve been put towards something more worth-while or useful
just my opinion tho, curious on what others think about this lol

7 Likes