The future of immersive communication on Roblox

Bruh i have verified my ID since the last year.
I still have no access to the “Voice Chat” feature, I contacted the support team and did nothing…
This update is kind of useless and wastes resources + time, tbh.
You could make the Moderation system better with the time wasted on this as @ObylxV5 said above.

12 Likes

I used it and it does notify like how you call on other 3rd party platforms

10 Likes

what do you mean a useless feature but you love it

10 Likes

Another way for roblox to falsely terminate accounts with thier wacky automod while training AI off voice recordings.

16 Likes

This feature is awesome, the maps in roblox experiences are often way too big for voice chat to be good, so the ability for players to call each from one side of the map to the other side the map will be awesomesauce.

13 Likes

This whole feature as well as related ones seem… really different to what I’d expect for a game dev platform? You guys bought Guilded, just encourage people to use that, no need to make the same stuff you already have but ingame.

13 Likes

ROBLOX, this is just about everything we don’t want added to the platform.

A: waste of resource for a hardly used feature
B: discord exists and properly manages this stuff
C: this is literally just asking for a migration of predators and edaters to come to ROBLOX.

This is likely the most irresponsible ROBLOX change I have seen. You’re so determined to stay within COPPA with your strict censoring but then introduce facial tracking software with voice into a kid’s game where they can chat with whoever? And let alone wasting thousands of dollars on that? This is literally going to turn into a breeding ground for predators. Bad idea.

23 Likes

OH LORD :sob: ITS FINALLY HAPPENED HAHAHAHAHA

on a serious note though, I hope as a collective developer group, we can confirm that nobody wants this(not that we have a say in this matter). how about we… protest? :wink:

10 Likes

ngl this is so funny i love spamming my friends with this

8 Likes

this feature is funny i think lol

8 Likes

the Discord in question

if you’re already above 13 and need this usage, I don’t see the point of not using discord, especially when ROBLOX has very barebones mic controls

14 Likes

R&D and Engineering cash spent on adding snapchat on Roblox? Man the investors must be paying big if this is the thing that makes it into the final cut without a 10 year long beta and without cutting down on features directly. All hail the metaverse.

7 Likes

What in the heck am i looking at? NOBODY needs calling on roblox. Get your priorities right. It will end up bankrupting the company if nothing is done and you would rather to listen to your investors rather than developers.

10 Likes

Well, I feel like Roblox should do something about the sub-par customization options of Rthro avatars before pushing features like this.

4 Likes

Please give us a way to disable the notifications and the calls through the settings, I don’t want my Roblox gf- I mean a close friend calling me while I’m in class. Thank you.

Jokes aside, please.

9 Likes

Roblox is imersive. All you need to do is download Roblox and you can do almost anything. Now you can even make phone calls.

4 Likes

A feature that will become as unused and obscure as the feed was right before it got axed.

6 Likes

Agreed. I won’t bother opening Discord anymore since I know everything is conveniently centralized into one place, and Roblox’s moderation ensures I won’t encounter any creeps like I do in Discord (which doesn’t filter voice chat at all).

6 Likes

Roblox is a virtual world experience platform (metaverse), games are just a subset of experiences people can create

4 Likes

NO. If you don’t like it then just don’t use it. Always demonstrating every single new feature is not good. You don’t have to make a big fuss about it, I better not be flooded with new topic notifications for the next week: I hate the new feature, get rid of it roblox. If you don’t like it, don’t use it and ignore it.

5 Likes