The future of immersive communication on Roblox

bro regrets buying roblox stock so bad

8 Likes

Voice-chat was enough, and I totally agree with what you said. Instead of giving developers more resources they waste money on the wrong things.

3 Likes

Honestly, I’m just excited to play Natural Disaster Survival and finally be able to hear what my friends are saying. You know how hard it is to hear someone with all those wind/explosion sound effects? Proximity voice chat is only flawed with the fact that the volume decreases with distance… and if the game doesn’t let you mute the sound effects…

4 Likes

The fact you complain over not having the ability to be vulgar on a platform intended for all ages shows what kind of person you are. Go outside and breathe oxygen sometime.

2 Likes

I really hope you are joking. Let’s not forget what the average age of the player base is.

2 Likes

I totally agree with this, right now I cant upload the music that I make myself because of bad moderation

they should spend their time fixing these type of issues instead of making useless features that no one has asked for

3 Likes

That’s a very good point! It’s a valid improvement to be made to Voice Chat, but maybe then they should just release that improvement to programmable Voice Chat instead of pushing the most decorated and overengineered band-aid in Roblox history?

3 Likes

Please, at the very least, make this an option that is off by default. I just had a friend call me and my phone’s volume is set to EXTREMELY HIGH so that I only hear important calls. I have to uninstall ROBLOX on my phone because of this. I still want to use voice chat in games, but that doesn’t mean I want people to call me.

Especially if a trickster friend of mine decides to call me at 4am, scaring the life out of me. It even goes through “Do Not Disturb”…

7 Likes

It would be better if you can hear everyone (in call) from anywheere, and call multiple people.

2 Likes

As a roblox player and developer who has been on the platform since 2015, this feature just seems annoying for a gaming platform and roblox it self. And as others have said, there should definitely be an option to turn off this feature

6 Likes

I wont be using this but hopefully the reporting system gets taken seriously because you dont know whos out there.

2 Likes

This just goes to show how out of touch Roblox execs are.

Please focus on the real issues first before working on features like this that will not be widely used.

7 Likes

What if I don’t want to get call? Will there be a way to disable this feature? I also don’t like the fact that roblox will be storing the recordings of these calls, even if they are encrypted… I feel like this is an invasion of privacy.

2 Likes

Why?‎​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

3 Likes

after 4 hours, the top reply has 1.6x as many likes as the original post
HYPOTHESIS: over time, the ratio will increase as normal people find this post more often than crypto bros and trolls

edit 1: 40 minutes later and its already 1.8x
edit 2: original post is 8 hours old and the ratio is 2x
edit 3: after 25 hours, the ratio is 2.2x

5 Likes

Out of all the recent W updates, we get this L update

3 Likes

hope this helps :blush: maybe we should work on not insulting people? thanks

1 Like

Could you make this a toggleable feature for game developers? A lot of users keep getting disconnected from games because they’re getting calls from their friends. It’s incredibly stupid how disruptive the feature is.

3 Likes

What I’d like to see on the roadmap is what developers have been asking for on the forum. And, what the community at large, other than investors, have been saying. Ergo, not this metaverse immersive communication stuff.

I’d like to see systemic reform to discovery. I want to make feature requests as a ‘Member’ on the forum. And, I want them to actually be heard. Granted, that 2nd issue mentioned is being worked on. And, I don’t think throwing more engineers at the problem is the solution. However, I do feel that should be the focus for Roblox right now. Being able to actually listen to the community effectively is key. We don’t have that right now.

Edit 1:

Some teams and individuals at Roblox listen. Some don’t. Or, it feels like it. Nick and Tian said to assume good intent, that if Roblox is quiet on something to speak on that. So, I’m doing that.

Edit 2:

Maybe it would be a good idea to, at large, become investors of Roblox. (not just creators or players) If we went to investor meetings and stuff, we could change what it means to be an “investor” for Roblox. Maybe if we speak with investors, we could change the tide of Roblox’s direction.

5 Likes

We need more post processing effects for developers. Not whatsapp in roblox.

2 Likes