The Last Days - a new post apocalyptic, massively open-world game*

I love all of your details! Sadly “Bookstore”'s picture didn’t load in…

Hey Amazing Work The Lighting And the Display looks sick. Two things I would take away though is that it sounds like a rain forest. You can here constantly chirping and crows and when you play for long enough it kinda because a bug. Also The buildings have this texture on the roofs and it does not fit that much tbh I think the texture is being used to much. But all round Pretty sick game I hope it becomes a extraordinary piece of work.

after spending more time in the game, I noticed ram usage going way up, and looking into it saw this was from textures. You might want to try reducing the size of them by compressing and/or reducing resolution, and using the same texture for more things. In case you don’t know how to check memory usage, open the developer console and go to memory, from there you can see all the textures and how much memory each is using. The max amount I was able to get the textures to use was about 640 MB, but that was more than half of the ram roblox was using (1011 MB).

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. You won’t be able to go on most roofs/see them as the zooming out will have a maximum zoom out distance. Regarding the ambient sound, what exactly is the bug?

Thank you, I am still in the process of optimizing the game so this advise will help me a lot.

Looks fantastic. Only suggestions i have for the current state of the map is less or optional ambient audio. Some sort of LOD or toggle for some textures so lower-end PCs can handle it. Some textures were “Z-fighting” in other words they were overlapping causing a flickering effect, not bad, just can be annoying to see if you are up close. Looks like it will be a fun game though.

• Park ranger cheps
1 Like

This is among the most promising work I’ve seen in a long time. I can’t wait to see how the full game turns out. Best wishes!

1 Like

Sorry But You Completely Misread That I Was Just Trying To Say It Was Really Annoying As It Can Be Constantly Heard

The map are pretty nice. I’d love to play that game.
Question
Will the cars be added and can be drive?

Also about that title of “The Last Days” is a movie that I’ve watched, and is mostly probably have copyright.

1 Like

A selection of vehicles (humvees, cars, vans etc) will be available to drive.

Thank you for informing about the copyright, I’ll look into it

1 Like

Extremely fascinating showcase you let me exeprience, when the game reaches it’s 100% state with everything needed to complete the game will be a success if taken care of properly.

Aside from that I wish you luck in the developer journey.

3 Likes

Love the design, but I have one enormous potential complaint. Please make sure that you don’t have any invisible barriers when the game comes out. All good games should physically allow players to get into places which are visually accessible.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback.

I am trying my best not to include invisible walls, instead using mountains, water, and even buildings to ‘end’ off the map. The rest of the map will be barricaded with a visible concrete barrier to end off other parts of the map. This barricade will play into the lore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The construction of the middle building is one of the most awesome things I’ve seen built in Roblox! I can not wait for this game to be finished. :smiley:

1 Like

bump

We have completed optimizing the game, the game runs smoothly for most PCs whilist using shadowmap. Interiors are halfway completed.

this is the last ‘bump’, keep checking out progress ever so often! :slight_smile: discord link on game page

1 Like

Amazing! Really love this! The graphics are just awesome!

1 Like

This looks extremely realistic like you just took photos of real life stuff! I love it!

1 Like

This game looks wonderful! Judging from the images above, this could be something out of a realistic 4K Move :smiley: :rainbow: If i was you, I would be honored to work on a coo game like this, though with so many textures, it might lg on some players that have a bad connection

1 Like

As it’s been ‘bumped’ here a few more recent pictures :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Updates on the game:

-The map has been optimized by some margin, nearly 100,00 parts have been removed, new lighting has been put in place, as well as other methods of optimization to make the map much less laggy.

-The scripting for the game is nearly finished, the game will have several survival mechanics, a character customizer and more.

-The map is (around) 1 month from completion. Due to Roblox updates to studio (and my potato PC) it’s been harder to work around the map but it’s close to finishing nevertheless.

-Music in-game has changed as well as ambient sounds.

-A teleportation area has been added to get around the map easier.

-The game is currently closed but all the aforementioned changes/additions will be in-game.

Here are some of the newest completed/in-progress areas around the game:

The City - I’ve been revamping it, it’s almost finished up. This portion of the map uses less than 10,000 parts.

Blackwell Academy - from Life is Strange