The most graphically impressive showcase on Roblox I've found so far

Has science gone too far?

7 Likes

this literally looks like a picture that you photoshopped a roblox dude in

15 Likes

Well, maybe. Future is Bright is very good, but I don’t think it’s up to par with rendered lighting such as in Blender or other programs (which is what this is made in, I presume).

My only complaint would be that the lighting was baked at way too few samples/without a denoiser, which made everything look very grainy. It still looks great nonetheless.

Visual example for those who are curious. Here’s a simple scene with three baked textures on different amounts of samples.

128 samples

1024 samples

8096 samples

15 Likes

How would you even do something like this?

1 Like

This tutorial by Blender Guru covers it pretty well.

16 Likes

This is actually really cool!

Thank you! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Gonna try this out later today.

Sounds like a feature request to me! It sounds practical to me, but I don’t know much about lighting engines. Maybe Roblox already does something like this but it isn’t as noticeable.

1 Like

WHAT!!! I didnt even know roblox could even support this type of detail.

5 Likes

This is absolutely outstanding work! Wow!

I’m baffled. This is certainly a great show of what people can make, though.

2 Likes

I agree!

I wasn’t even really expecting anything to look this good before Future Is Bright came out.

Really shows you what’s possible on Roblox. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is amazing! Definitely hope to see this type of stuff happening more and more in Roblox games. I can totally see this being implemented to finally have that more in depth realism.

It’s still very impressive even if it is baked. You can hardly tell the difference when using max graphics versus the lowest. Does this run fine on low end PCs and Mobile if anyone can try?

Runs at very smooth framerates on my iPad running Roblox mobile. This is truly breathtaking!

1 Like

I think I’m nearly there; https://devforum.roblox.com/t/3-realistic-showcases/331189

none of these places have been baked and has been put together in Roblox

3 Likes

Your bounce lighting is something else.

How do you do it so accurately?

1 Like

just normal light emitters then I carve the light basically

Carve the light? How do you do that?

don’t wanna give away all my secrets but I made a post here talking about it a little! hope it helps

That’s absolutely stunning. It’s insane to see how far Roblox has gotten with its graphics.