We are very excited to share out latest Vistech (Visual-Technical) Showcase! This time, we take you from a far flung black hole to a mysterious house in the Pacific North-West. Road trips are often memorable and life-changing, but this particular trip changes the fabric of reality!
Like the last showcase, we wanted to push the boundaries of the engine, while showing that you can also make complex experiences accessible to the broader mobile audience! Be sure to check out the experience here.
- We built these showcases to dive deep into our own technologies and show you and our own teams what Studio is capable of!
- Roblox is an ever-growing platform, and we’re always looking to improve. By pushing the boundaries of these technologies together, we can see where to improve, optimize, and evolve!
- We wanted to give you the assets and documentation to assist you while creating your own amazing experiences!
Our goal is to make it as easy as possible to create memorable experiences on Roblox regardless of how big your team is, or if you’re working solo.
A major part of why we built these was to show developers how they can use some of the most recent features to make their experiences rich and immersive. To that end, the place file itself is free to copy, including all its contents. We will also be releasing endorsed model packs from the experience to use in your own!
- House Furnishing Pack
- House Props Pack
- Landscaping Pack
- Material Variants Pack
Lastly, we have also written a How-To doc with useful tips-n-tricks like:
- Constructing and iterating on the house, using Packages
- Materializing the world, using Material Manager and Surface Appearance
- Creating an immersive narrative, using many UI features
- Making a moving world, using Animation, TweenService and Physics
- Streaming immersion, using Streaming Enabled
- Designing dark soundscapes, using Volumetric Sound and Sound Service
We would like to thank everyone in the community for pushing the boundaries in your own games and experiences. The work you do is the reason why we do our own. This world is ours for the making!