The Mystery of Duvall Drive: A Vistech Showcase

We just disabled Team Create so you should be good to copy now!

thank you! this place looks amazing

It just looks very great, canā€™t waiting everyone to see but they experiences for talk about showcase

This looks awesome! Where can I find the model packs?

We wrote up a ā€œHow-Toā€ for most of the demo, including your question, here:

https://create.roblox.com/docs/resources/the-mystery-of-duvall-drive/developing-a-moving-world

Hope it helps!

We will be releasing those shortly, and I will follow up on this announcement with the links as soon as we do! Thanks for your patience!

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know! Looking forward to the release!

Just finished playing the game and it is very beautiful. It will be fun to solo the game during my next playthrough and fully pick out all the small details I missed. I canā€™t wait to see the next VisTech demo the team will put together!

1 Like

A very beautiful and visually pleasing showcase, and itā€™s great to see these have a story and goal to them. I am unfortunately going to have to relay what others have said and say this could definitely use some optimization, either on the showcase teamā€™s part or the engine; Iā€™m getting dips to 27 FPS on a Ryzen 5600x | RTX 3060ti setup. I believe getting these graphics running better should be the goal, as while they are stunning, itā€™d be great to show the world this is achievable while maintaining playability for action games.

I have a strong feeling this game takes place on real life NE Woodinville-Duvall Road or Duvall-Monroe Road NE (State Route 203). I brought that up as I live very close to Duvall WA, and I know the area very well lol.

Regardless, its a very nice game, with the exception of the performance (Roshade on and off had similar framerates). I have an RTX 3060 and I was running at around 30 fps.

Heres a photo of the game taken with Roshade shaders.

12 Likes

The game seems really laggy probably due to the fact that there are alot of unanchored objects and constraint doors that are moving OR its just laggy :thinking:

Having tried some of Artbloxā€™s games and stuff, this showcase seems really laggy for what it is showing? I see nice uses of some of the technology used in the game but the experience overall really hurts the showcase.

2 Likes

I just spent about an hour if not more playing and finishing it, and let me tell you that it was INCREDIBLE. It literally looked like something out of Uncharted. That was one of the most beautiful games I have ever seen, And Iā€™d love to see what more things you can do like this.

Great job.

6 Likes

Roblox did something epic!

Absolutely stunning demo that serves as a rich resource to developers on the platform. I play tested on both my computer and iPhone with Automatic graphics on for both and was very impressed by the graphics quality. Performance wise after several minutes obviously the usual overheating started to occur but overall I didnā€™t experience substantial lag on either device that impacted the overall gameplay experience. Huge props to the team who made this happen. I know all to well the amount of work that goes into this level of detail in terms of lighting, sounds, environment, etcā€¦ Looking forward to future demos.

Playing this game brought me a lot of hope.

I spawned on the roof and I couldnā€™t reset so I had to rejoin

1 Like

I second this
The game is absolutely beautiful, but I notice that there are potentially hundreds of assets unnecessarily unanchored across the map, ranging from chairs, to lamps, to artifacts, and other models
I donā€™t know if this is a design choice, but it seems unnecessary and actually takes away from the immersion rather than adding to it. Definitely not worth the performance decrease either.

3 Likes

The first row on the front page shows funny metaverse games and simulators that often donā€™t even hit 1000 ccu. :flushed:

The games that use this technology and look amazing (rainbow friends, doors, etc) are only discoverable through friend activity, hooray for metaverseā€¦

iā€™m at 1000ms cpu usage and only 30ms gpu usage on my surface pro, so yeah i agree lol

This game is unreal for Roblox, it looks awesome, creepy Atmosphere.

But im lagging so hard, this game is cleary made for expensive PCs :slight_smile:

The lobby textures didnt load before teleport

*played on Huawei p40

2 Likes