The new CoreGui is a downgrade

The new CoreGui is absolutely atrocious. From what I’ve seen, Roblox aims to make it look like they’re not involved in the development of “experiences.”

The old UI was clean and didn’t get in the way. It made it harder to tell that the game was hosted on Roblox. This new UI is bigger, harder to navigate, and is overall poorly designed.

I strongly believe Roblox should go with the phrase, "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

7 Likes

Nothing. The Developer is inactive and most likely wont do anything.

Switch to UIShelf

2 Likes

Hey the link is not working is it still available?

Roblox recently made all links that used to point to the library (Basically old marketplace) to break and not work anymore thus it just redirects to the modern site making this link broken.

1 Like

The redirects to the create site should not break links. If you’re getting a dead link the referenced asset was likely deleted by the owner.

1 Like

This happens with offsale assets that haven’t been archived by the owner. Is this intended? The old library did not do this.

1 Like

It also seems to occur if the asset was not marked as Distribute to Marketplace. Is this part of the new asset privacy update?

This is literally my worst nightmare.

The menu UI is around quadruple the size as the last one, and is absolutely the worst pain ever to work with when making full screen UI’s inside of Roblox :sob: . I am convinced there hasn’t been a good update on roblox in around 2 years that was actually appreciated by the community.

3 Likes

I am convinced Roblox wants to watermark our games on top of stealing 70% of revenue from us.

I feel like one of the biggest pitfalls this new UI stuff falls into is expecting that all games will have the mouse free to move around at all times, not taking things like firstperson shooters and thirdperson games with a locked cursor into account. The whole collapsible menu is rendered completely useless in that kind of game.

The capture button, the leaderboard and the camera face thing that you can enable in the settings have the same problems and can break immersion instead of enhancing it, making these features feel tacked on and unfinished.

2 Likes

The core gui looks like it’s 2.5x larger.

This change alone has decimated the amount of space i can use for my game on mobile. I have to do some serious redesign to make it work.

We should have the option to disable the secondary core gui button as it is useless in most of my games.

6 Likes

Why does it have to be bigger? The buttons for it don’t need to be that big. it takes up more screen size than the previous.

4 Likes

I totally agree,the new ui is just unpractical and not that user friendly like the old one,they should have added an option to revert it back to “Legacy” or something like that.
They removed the Developer Stats for the daily,weekly,monthly visits with an excuse that it wasnt accurate,but that wasnt the real reason,and now this!!
It really feels like this is the start of the fall of Roblox,mark my words!!
Maybe its still not too late,but we need to post in here!!

1 Like