The price of a bundle should be included with AssetService:GetBundleDetailsAsync()

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too difficult to obtain the price of a bundle. Currently, you need to send a request to a web API (https://catalog.roblox.com/v1/bundles/id/details), but since HttpService doesn’t have access to Roblox resources, a proxy is required. What’s particularly frustrating is that AssetService:GetBundleDetailsAsync() returns the same information as the web API, except for the price. Frankly, not including the price in :GetBundleDetailsAsync() seems like an oversight. Additionally, attempting to use MarketplaceService:GetProductInfo() on individual bundle assets won’t provide the price, as they are all off-sale, and you are supposed to purchase the bundle on the website or via MarketplaceService:PromptBundlePurchase().

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I do not have the ability to set up a web API for this project which makes it impossible to get the price of a bundle.

EDIT: AvatarEditorService:GetItemDetails() does this (THANK YOU @xyrafrost!!!), however it would still be nice for it to be included with :GetBundleDetailsAsync() … updating the thread title to reflect this! additionally, I don’t seem to be the only one who was confused by this

4 Likes

You can get the price with AvatarEditorService:GetItemDetails(bundleId, Enum.AvatarItemType.Bundle).

You can also use AvatarEditorService:GetBatchItemDetails() to get information about multiple bundles at once.

Documentation

8 Likes

oh my god, you’re right… :upside_down_face: had no idea this function existed, I thought MarketplaceService:GetProductInfo() was supposed to do this … THANK YOU :pray:

5 Likes