The Thing (Newer stuff!)

WARNING : THIS THREAD CONTAINS .GIFs

The Headcrab :

Tentacled Arms (With head) :

Tentacled Arms (Without head) : [size=1]sorry for bad recording.[/size]

The Crawler (Still working on him) :

Opinions? Ideas? Constructive criticism?

@HanSolo996, I am actually making this into a game, started on it 4 days ago, this thread is basically my update thread.
@Testing, you want slender? Then go here : http://www.roblox.com/Silient-Night-place?id=166952692
@DeviousDeviation and Whimzee, good, mission accomplished.

3 Likes

I am horrified and disturbed.

1 Like

I think that this is what he was trying to achieve.

I think you should add some more stuff. Iā€™m thinking that part of the lower torso should be ripped out and ā€œfeelersā€ like that coming out of the wound.

why

thatā€™s as disgusting as one of those spongebob episodes

Now make the tendrils move. That is, more animated than they are now.

Absolutely terrifying.

[size=1]Slenderā€¦[/size]

Thatā€™s pretty sweet.

Make a horror game out of this.

Bumping cause of new stuffā€¦

Make sure that the crawler leaves a trail of blood behind him as he crawls.

How would you do that?

Get the Position of the Torso of the ā€˜monsterā€™ and then use CFrame to make it drop a pile of blood :slight_smile:

How would you do that?[/quote]

One way to do it would be the following:

[code]local YourThing = YourThing
local BloodStain = game.ServerStorage.Bloodstain --Or you could just make it every time in the script
local PPart= YourThing.PrimaryPart
local LastPos = PPart.Position

while YourThing do
wait(1.5)
local NewPos = PPart.Position
if (NewPos - LastPos).magnitude > BloodStain.Size.X - (BloodStain.Size.X / 1.5) --Iā€™m assuming the part will be square
local NewStain = BloodStain:clone()
NewStain.Parent = workspace
NewStain.CFrame = CFrame.new(NewPos.X, NewPos.Y - (PPart.Size.Y / 2) + (BloodStain.Size.Y / 2), NewPos.Z)
game:GetService(ā€œDebrisā€):AddItem(NewStain, 10)
LastPos = NewPos
end
end[/code]

This was done off the top of my head, but you get the concept. If you need more explanation feel free to PM me!

Guest, I noticed those limbs/torsos have bevels on them. This means that theyā€™re compatible with shirts ā€“ you donā€™t have to use SurfaceGUIs and get those small gaps. When you said pseudo characters, I thought you meant ones without humanoids.

They still work with them, I just donā€™t feel like writing my own humanoid classā€¦ So Iā€™m just sticking with ROBLOXā€™s humanoid and adding/removing parts to/from the character.

Just use shirts/pants instead of Surface GUIs then. Itā€™ll look much better,

Yes, except it would not work for the visible Torsoā€¦ But TO be honest, Iā€™m not bothered by the lines, I know in time ROBLOX will fix.

Yes, except it would not work for the visible Torsoā€¦[/quote]

I take it that means that the torso I see on-screen is a fake, and that the real torso is perfectly upright, offsetting the rest with a weld. Rename the ā€œrealā€ torso to HumanoidRootPart and rename the ā€œfakeā€ torso to Torso, and all will be weld.

Those arenā€™t the headcrabs Iā€™m used to.

[quote] Those arenā€™t the headcrabs Iā€™m used to.

[/quote]

Sorry but no Half-Life here, only creative and original (not really) ideas.

If I made a pony into one of these things, would that be bad?