The trolling issue on the dev forum

I vividly remember an incident from about a month ago, where they spammed tons of images, into one post. It felt like they were spamming replies. But they only sent 2. Both replies with tons of imagines in them. I was using the mobile website, so It look a long time to scroll.

Bruh another troll topic.
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/i-love-bob-so-much/1371280

5 Likes

Are trolls really that bad? I mean yes they spoil workflow but it is a little funny don’t you think?

However, to be honest I don’t think the people you are wanting to catch are trolls those people are called idiots . People who post clearly prejudice and profanity should definitely have their main account taken action against.

I don’t see those type of people often thankfully.

1 Like

The most disappointing part is that people who troll get so many likes and so much attention.

4 Likes

I know you like Bob, but next time, you should post things about Bob on social media platforms, where it is allowed. The Developer Forum is not a social media platform.

If you really want to make posts about Bob on here, I would recommend trying to build a replica of Bob in Studio and put a picture of it in a reply in the “What are you working on” topic in #help-and-feedback:cool-creations.

6 Likes

Did That!

5 Likes

i did not realize it was that bad i thought there were just really rude people

2 Likes

Trollers honestly just want attention, just ignore them and just do what you should do.

1 Like

I believe that is not a problem and you have the option to just flag it immediately and look away by leaving the topic, and it’s not really that frequent here in the Developer Forum, only a rare case.

Have you thought about the fact that this is not a rant topic where you should be making examples of troll topics?

Only if this is a creation, I recommend not pasting a picture in Studio to bypass and pretend it’s supposed to gain “feedback” in #help-and-feedback, and placing them here in the Developer Forum, despite the fact it’s really not their creation.

4 Likes

I saw one “bad” post. It was just a spam of slurs and it was a hacked account. The reason I saw this post is because of the ‘home’ page, basically when looking at a subject, the post was shown. I think hidden/flagged post shouldn’t be on the home page.

But I didn’t know there was much troll post as you said. But I’m glad that I missed those.

TL;DR we shouldn’t see hidden/flagged post on the home page.

2 Likes

Someone can correct me on this since I don’t know that much about Discourse, but I think this is actually a bug with Discourse, the software that powers the DevForum.

You aren’t supposed to see topics hidden by the community, but it must be some Discourse bug.

1 Like

IP bans are pretty easy to bypass.

1 Like

Shouldn’t the point be to make sure there are no trollers? This quote is basically saying that we should shorten the age limit of the proposed underage account rule so we can get more trollers into the DevForum.

I go on the Dev Forum almost every day, and I’ve seen very little of what you’re describing. A few troll posts sure, but I’ve never seen anything as serious as porographic images.

Don’t know if Its just me or not but if they had a feature like that I think it would make users uncomfortable

5 Likes

Yeah I have never seen anything like that.

1 Like

We should open the forum to everybody, that way there is more posts so we cant see the ones from the trollers. Also we should make everyone who is a member now a regular.

idk what you’re talking about I’m kinda active on forums (well like couple months ago I used to)

1 Like

That’s way worst and this is not a public forum for more topics of nonsense things are required. Opening this forum up would way worsen the case, as more and more troll posts would be made than normal posts. We’re already suffering with the amount of off-topic posts, and imagine if the forum is opened for that, not to mention it can’t be easily controlled when the number of members increase.

Who are you to say, to promote everyone here as a Member to Regular, when so many Members here in the forum have been here for awhile and hasn’t met the criteria due to the closure of Post Approval, not to mention as far as I can see, as the time goes by, Members are not really maturing in this forum and can’t distinguish whether or not to post on correct categories or flag posts.

Not all Members are eligible for the criteria of Regular, and as far as I’m concerned, if they plan on removing rank barriers, I’m fine with that, as long as they implement a system that would keep the quality of the forum from being trashed.

4 Likes

I have never experienced this issue, other than once or twice. Not really a severe issue, but the 160 days thing would be good.