The UI tab is pointless

Recently the UI tab in the studio ribbon bar has been really bothering me for two reasons.

Firstly, the UI tab is selected automatically whenever a UI element is selected. This is annoying because I often want to use plugins or another tab after selecting an object. (Addressed in Do not automatically open the UI tab when I click on StarterGui or some GuiObject descendant).

This wouldn’t be an issue however, if this tab was actually useful – which it isn’t. The other problem is that the UI tab only works for inserting ScreenGuis and 7 core UI objects, but doesn’t allow you to insert other GuiBase2Ds, layouts, constraints and ViewportFrames. Even if it it had all of these objects, it would still be a different insertion workflow than for every other type of object in the game.

So what’s the point of this feature?? It’s got a negative impact on my workflow with no positives at all. I still use the old Advanced Objects insertion workflow because its easy and guaranteed to work for everything. (I’m in the process of trying the newer insertion workflow also.)

If there aren’t any plans to make this tab more than a token feature (which would in my opinion require some significant changes to how GUIs in Roblox work, since everything else is working in a different style currently), please remove it and focus your efforts on making the new insertion workflow better or something.

36 Likes